Do You Use Crypto Currency

Discussion in Payment Methods started by Vinaya • Jan 6, 2017.

1. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    Crypto currency or digital money is all rage. There are over a dozen crypto currency and some of the common crypto currencies are bitcoin, litecoin, ethereum etc. Do you use cryptocurrency? How many crypto currencies are you using.

2. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I only use Satoshis and BitCoins. I started using them last year when I first heard of BitCoin faucets. Earning Satoshis and BitCoins are very difficult and will consume a lot of time that's why I stopped doing it. I only earned a small amount from those faucets and just used it for refill, never shopped online nor converted it into cash because the amount is just too small.

3. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I do not use any crypto currency, but I am willing to learn more about it, especially bitcoins lately. I have joined some PTC sites that have stopped paying via PayPal, hence I am considering withdrawing the payment to bitcoins, as I have heard many positive comments about bitcoins.

I am not sure about others, though I have read a bit of them here and there. I am not sure whether these currencies will be widely used and good for long term.

4. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    The only cryptocurrency that I use is the forumcoin. I was initially interested in bitcoins but later realised that it isn't so easy to accumulate them so I dropped the idea.

Forumcoin on the other hand are very easy to accumulate. So I am much better off with them.

5. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I am not using any crytocurrency at the moment, but planning to get to understand how Bitcoin works. That's the cryptocurrency I'm looking to start using as soon as possible. Though I learnt this digital money is quite safe and valuable, but I still worry about the security of online transactions of these kinds.

6. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    @Decentlady@Decentlady That's true! I never thought forumcoin is one of the crypto currencies too. Not only it's easier to collect, it's trusted too. With the forumcoin faucet, it helps me to earn more everyday.

I would like to find out more about bitcoin, as another PTC site (clixten) I am working on came out with a bitcoin faucet too, so it might help me to reach the minimum payout faster.

#6Mar 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  7. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I don't use any crypto currency. I had started with bitcoins. But the process is so slow and secondly I was not sure how to use it. How to withdrawn them to my bank account? Therefore I discontinued.

8. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    I was using bitcoins few months back. But after that I have heard that in my country it may be illegal. Still there is no confirm news about it. But after that I am not using that thing till I get any good news about the same. But yes it is good alternative of other payment processor. But yes it should be declare legal so that I can use it without any problem.

9. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I have not yet used this type of payment process. I did a bit of research and found out that although some sites may accept payment through Bitcoins, the payment transaction could not be done directly, it would have to be routed through a third party which facilitates the process.

10. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    I don't use it but I wish I did. I remember when BTC was worth next to nothing but if I remember clearly, it's like 2.2k each now. I wouldn't use it per say but I would buy it and let it sit there accumulating money.

11. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    @Belovedad@Belovedad I was surprised today when I saw that the value of one bitcoin have exceeded 2000 USD. It's like the future of bitcoin is very bright. the last time I did transaction on this cryptocurrency it was around one bitcoin to 1500 and I got a very tiny amount, since I am still studying the system . Now I am beginning to think I should have bought more bitcoin then.

#11May 23, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2017
  12. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I am slowly looking more and more into it as a real possibility, but at the same time I cannot help but think maybe I missed the boat. Everything I read seem to say something different though so it should be interesting.

13. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I have so far used the Bitcoin and Litecoin. I don't own much of them. But so far they are the one I am holding into my coinbase account. I heard of the stellar currency recently. But that does not earn much. I am learning how to get the most out of the stellar and if I can withdraw as bitcoin. That would be lot better as well. As it can give me lot more control over cryptocurrency.

14. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I wish I knew about Bitcoin earlier especially that time when the price of a coin was low, say less than 500 dollars. With the good forecast that the price of this cryptocurrency will go higher to doubling itself in the year this would mean too much gains for persons that saved some coins when the price was 'ridiculously' low.

15. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I feel the same way. I don't know enough about the system(s) to take advantage of things like bitcoin. There is so much conflicting information. I was always afraid I'd end up getting burned, sitting there with worthless currency. I guess I missed the boat too. That happens to me fairly frequently. I wait too long to get my feet wet, and before I know it, it's too late. Oh well.

I guess I'll stick to "safe" currency (as much as that's even a thing).

16. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I finally opened a bitcoin wallet and trying to earn some bitcoins slowly, as I do not plan to invest any money in it. I also just found out there are some wallets we can hold several types of cryptocurrencies. Perhaps I will try it out too. It seems like there are really a lot of cryptocurrencies which I have not even heard of.

#16Jul 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017