Do You Use Gel Or Spray-net On Your Hair?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by sidney • Feb 21, 2015.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I remember during the 80's where I see the movies released around that time had the females wearing large shoulder pads and their bangs were sky-high and resembled a mini-wave and kept in place using a spray-net or gel. During the late 90's, my male classmates were sporting the "brushed-up" look, and also the haircut called "Oasis" during the early 2000's, so I see a lot of them wearing a bunch of gel on their hair. Now as time went by I rarely see anyone wearing heavy gel on their hair except for Iggy Azalea when she styles her hair in that brushed-up look. So my question is do you wear spray-net or gel to style your hair?

2. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    None at all. I have a somewhat delicate scalp so I refrain from using gel or hair spray. But I have a cousin who prefers using hair wax than spray because it is quite manageable.

3. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Hair wax has been gaining in popularity, in my opinion it lasts longer than hair gel, is more portable and less greasy. I particularly like Gatsby's "Moving Rubber" line of hair wax.

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to use hairspray when I was younger and very enthusiastic about styling my hair in a grand way. But these days I prefer to only apply some organic, unscented gel to style my hair. I don't like that sticky, "plastered" feeling of wax. Also, I have a lot of problems with the smell of commercial hair gel. I don't like to be constantly catch a whiff of it every time I twist or turn.

5. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    My hair is already insanely thick and way too frizzy and fluffy, so I never use hairspray or gel. It also just doesn't work for me. My hair defies any styling I try to do with it. :(

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I used to use hairspray but it gave me some scalp problems because I think the brand I got was cheap. After that I never really used it again because I wasn't too interested in it anyway and also my hair is not that hard to manage. Also I have found a few other hair products that have worked better for me but I still would use hairspray if I found it necessary.

7. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    To be honest I never liked the feeling of hair spray. There were times while growing up where I was made to wear it at times to control my hair, but it always made my hair feel really sticky so I always hated it. I did use hair gel for awhile, not as bad but you had to be careful how much you used. So, now I don't wear anything in my hair, I do keep my hair relatively short so that it remains manageable, without having to use such products.

8. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    I don't use either spray or gel. I don't like the smell of that on my head, especially when I start to sweat or get exposed to smoke. I think it's really disgusting when all those combine together.

If I am to use any form of styling products, I will more than likely to use hair wax as the consistency is usually lighter.