Do you use grocer apps for shopping?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by troutski • Aug 7, 2014.

1. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So a lot of grocers and convenience stores offer apps that include coupons, weekly ads, and other features. Safeway/Vons, Ralphs, CVS, RiteAid, Walgreens, and countless others offer such apps. Do you ever take advantage of them? Have you found that they actually help you save money? I use the Vons app, but that's the only one because they offer the Just4U program, which does help me save on items that I buy regularly. Tell us about your experiences!

2. oxygenpromotions

oxygenpromotionsNew Member

Threads:
    now a days mobile applications are becoming very famous, which is helping daily lives a lot.

3. Navii

NaviiActive Member

Threads:
    I don't use any of them, because I don't want to give them too much information about me. There might be a good deal or coupon here and there, but generally I don't think it's worth it. I can't justify giving them my phone number for a few bucks off of something and they already have a lot of great coupons in their newsletters, so I use those most of the time.

4. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    I use Target Cartwheel. I use it mostly for the discounts they have on Target's store brand items. I really like their store brand products, and if I can save a little extra on them, that's just icing on the cake. Other than that, I don't use any grocer apps.

5. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can see the argument against using these apps as they related to your personal information. Some of the grocer apps will ask you for a lot of your personal information, but others don't ask for nearly as much. If you're a member of a grocer's rewards program or anything, though, then it asks for information that you've already given them. You can always fake the information, technically. I don't do that, but you're not obligated to provide them with real information.