Do You Use Hair Conditioner?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by gracer • Jan 26, 2016.

1. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    Hi guys! :)

I'm just curious if you use hair conditioner on your hair (whether leave-on or the apply and rinse ones) as I only use them every once in awhile. My hair type is naturally straight although I have some fly away hair at times but they can always be managed by some dab of hair cream and they're gone. Sometimes I would use hair conditioner when I shower especially when I feel that my hair is a bit frizzy from the weather. I don't use them regularly though because I just find it more expensive to be using shampoo and conditioner on a separate basis. I'm using a shampoo with conditioner in it so I don't really feel the need to add extra conditioning everyday.

How about you guys, do you find it necessary to use conditioner on your hair or are you already contented with how your shampoo works on your hair?

2. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    Shampoo and conditioner serve two different purposes. I use conditioner for sure on my hair. I have dry hair and has lots of textures in it so conditioning is a must. I just bought hello hydration conditioner from the dollar store so I can't wait to try it out. I also use leave in conditioners when necessary.

3. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    My hair is dry and extra curly. I try to use a conditioning masque or something heavy at least once a month. But lately, I just use a leave-in conditioner after shampoo, followed by a moisturizer since I wear my natural hair.

4. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    I use it almost every time because it makes my hair softer after I get out of the shower. I think it makes it easier to brush my hair as well.

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes I do! I know of people that don't, and they manage to have their hair look nice without washing for way longer, but for me I don't think I can pull it off. My hair gets really brassy and knots go crazy if I don't condition it. For long hair, I don't see how someone can go without conditioner without their hair looking like a bird's nest with knots. I guess it just depends on the hair structure. Mine is very fine and wavy, it needs conditioner.

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I rarely use conditioner and only when my hair needs it. My hair is long and thick and it doesn't always need conditioner. Now, if you use lots of appliances you probably should, but as I dry my hair naturally (better and cheaper) it doesn't dry out so quickly. If I color it then I do, to keep the color strong because the chemicals do make the hair drier.

7. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I mainly use the conditioner packs that come with my hair color. I obviously don't get many, since only one comes with the package of hair coloring, but my mom doesn't use hers, and periodically sends me a bunch. I also use leave in conditioners sometimes, especially when it feels extra dry. It's been somewhat drier these days, because the heat has been on more in the house, and that tends to dry it out.

8. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wear my hair short and natural conditioner must be used to keep my hair from getting very dry and frizzy.

9. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    Yep, I use conditioner every day. I find I really need it, especially in the winter months my hair gets more tangly. If I let it grow longer it tangles easily so in the morning I am full of knots. I use conditioner to help smooth out my hair so i can run a comb through it. I also deep condition my hair every month too. I find it helps keep it more manageable too.

10. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use conditioner when I wash my hair. I usually use a wash out. Sometimes I will use a leave in conditioner if I have some that I like. I have an issue with split ends so the leave in conditioner will help quite a bit with that. I also like the shampoo I am using now. It can be helpful in terms of taming the frizzies and so forth. Fortunately hair conditioner is not terribly expensive.

11. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I actually hate the stuff. I get the appeal for most people, but I hate the smooth feeling because my hair messes up really easily and I know that it looks crazy when I use conditioner. It seems to make it lighter and more susceptible to wind and the other elements. I do think it smells good though, so I do lose there. Oh well, I get to save a little money that way.

12. TheLovingLeah

TheLovingLeahActive Member

Threads:
    I always love to use both. I never like to do one, and then leave the other out. I also really really LOVE leave in conditioner. That stuff is SO beautiful! I need to get more of it. I had a leave in conditioner that did like 10 or 12 things in 1. It was truly an amazing product. I need to get it again, or try another leave in conditioner.

13. ellajanelle

ellajanelleMember

Threads:
    I use hair conditioner everyday, right after shampooing. However, I don't shampoo my hair everyday, just every other day. My hair is dry and tends to get really frizzy so I need to cut back on shampoo and apply conditioner regularly.

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I don't use hair conditioner nowadays since it just makes my hair easier to comb, it doesn't really make it straight. So in order t make it look straight I use a hair iron.

15. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I rarely use a hair conditioner, because I don't really see a difference whether I use it or not. A nice pleasant scented shampoo is quite enough for me. My hair is usually cut very low anyway, therefore, all I need to do wash with the shampoo, brush, and I am good to go.