Do You Use Olive Oil ?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by FolkArtist • May 21, 2017.

1. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I tend to go in phases with which oil I use for cooking, but olive il is one of those and probably the most common in my home. Grape seed oil is coming along strong though and I am loving that recently.

2. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I don't use olive oil, it is very expensive here. I use mustard oil instead. Mustard oil is relatively cheaper and it has a great benefits. I not only use mustard oil for cooking purpose but also as massage oil. You can also use mustard oil to massage hair. Mustard oil is good for hair.

3. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @to7update@to7update I am not surprised that you are not aware of soy oil because it's not available in all demographic conditions however where it is , it's available at very reasonable price and its health benefits are beyond imagination. As the name suggests it's extracted from Soybeans and contain Omega 3 with low fat so even the persons suffering from heart or diabetic diseases can use it. You would be surprised to note that soy oil is available at lowest rates in edible category in my country.

4. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, it depends on the type of agriculture each country has. Most likely you have a lot of soy plants, while we have a lot of olive trees. Every single year I go with my family to pick the olives, and then I have "free" olive oil all year long. :)

5. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use olive oil but it is important to make sure you are getting real olive oil. Many stores that sell it inexpensively are buying it cheap from the Chinese, and it does not include real olive oil, it is mislabeled and will not give you the health benefits that real olive oil will. Check for brands that are real olive oil prior to purchase.

6. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @to7update@to7update That's right we have a large area that is used for growing soy in our country. The oil is healthy and otherwise also soy is used in many different ways as food item Soy is considered better compared to meat for its healthy ingredients. People also use pulp of soy which is left after extracting oil in different forms.

7. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    My partner uses olive oil on his bread instead of margarine. I was a bit doubtful about this as I didn't think it would taste good but it is actually very appetising. I think it's a healthy option for sandwiches and I use it all the time now. It goes much further than margarine too so I don't keep running out.

8. SheleyJ

SheleyJNew Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I also like Olive Oil as well. I usually use this into curry or fry anything. This smell well and foods looks so delicious.

9. trea

treaNew Member

Threads:
    Like SheleyJ above, I sometimes use olive oil when I'm stir-frying or frying something that doesn't require a lot of oil, but I generally use coconut oil because it fits in my budget and it’s the kind of oil that’s abundant here.

What kind of olive oil do you use on bread? The regular or the extra-virgin? I've read about olive oil being a good substitute for butter and margarine when cooking or baking, but using it on bread is new to me and I'm quite interested in your idea because I'm trying to avoid dairy products.

10. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    My kids actually drink soy milk because they don't deal with cow milk very well, but I don't like the flavor at all. It's not recommended to drink too much of it because of the hormones, so these days I don't think there is an entirely healthy food...

11. littlewitch66

Threads:
    At the moment I'm using the Extra Virgin but my partner will use anything he can get his hands on and he says it tastes fine. You should try it and see what you think. Maybe google it and see what other people recommend. I hope you find something you like:)

12. SheleyJ

SheleyJNew Member

Threads:
    Cow's milk is healthy. Try to make them accustomed drinking cow's milk.

13. trea

treaNew Member

Threads:
    Thanks a lot! Yes, I'll try both.^^

I'm finding more ideas from your olive oil on bread suggestion. It seems like there is a popular Spanish food called pa amb tomaquet that I need to try real soon. Also, it turns out we can freeze olive oil so it'll look more like butter or margarine. I’m loving olive oil more. It’s awesome! :)

14. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    @SheleyJ@SheleyJ lol that is your opinion right? Cow's milk is not healthy, or at least some say it's not, and others know by experience that is something that doesn't benefit us. I am not saying soy milk is better, but balancing the two is working better for us than just soy or just cow milk. We don't tolerate it well.

#34May 31, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2017
  15. littlewitch66

Threads:
    @to7update@to7update I agree, although it is recommended that children and old people have full cream milk for good calcium levels I find it gives me a stomach ache which I think is down to the fat content. I can tolerate half fat milk but there are many people who are allergic to cows milk and seek alternatives.

#35Jun 2, 2017
  16. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I have used olive oil a few times, it's quite rich oil for cooking the different kinds of meals, preparing meat and fishes. But for long now I have not been using olive oil it's not as if I intentionally stopped I just tend to go for any good and easily affordable oil at the groceries when I shop. Going by this article I think I may reconsider going back to olive oil.

17. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    @littlewitch66@littlewitch66 Yeah, I've heard that too recently from my nutritionist, but if we look at an homeopaths view for example, they are totally against the consumption of milk because they protein is too hard to digest and can cause us digestive issues. That's why I always say we are our best doctors and need to realize what is better for us.

#37Jun 2, 2017
  18. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Since I don't know how to cook, I can't say that I have used olive oil for that purpose, although I have used it for other things like cleaning my cat's ears and treating ear mites, lol. Olive oil has quite a lot of uses.

19. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    No we don't use olive oil. They are too expensive for us. We cannot afford it on a regular basis. We use Soyabean refined oil and mustard oil for cooking. They are about half the price and we are used to the taste.

20. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    Olive oil is really delicious on salads mixed with a little balsamic vinegar. I use it a lot for cooking as well. Not only is olive oil great for salads and cooking, but I also use a teaspoon in the bath as it makes my skin very soft.