Do you use other attires to make you sweat more?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Servace • Jan 3, 2015.

1. Servace

ServaceActive Member

Threads:
    I like to use hats and beanies to keep my heat circulation going on to help me sweat more. Most of my weight I usually lose is water weight. What do you use to help you sweat more?

2. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    I have a very simple approach to this. Use a raincoat. Or, if a raincoat is unwieldy, then use a waterproofed jacket. Keeping the air from circulating is a sure way to make the body sweat. I normally wear a cotton t-shirt under the waterproofed jacket to absorb the sweat.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wear a regular shirt with a tummy trimmer wrapped around my waist. I also wear a back support so I don't slouch while doing my exercise routine. I'm not comfortable wearing cycling shorts or jeggings so I opt for cotton or denim shorts. I mostly do my exercise at home instead of a gym. Membership fees are too costly and impractical. I'm not that solvent to risk going to one.

4. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    Exercise is exercise. Whether it's done at home or it's done in the gym, it is still exercise. What matters is that you use your muscles, work up a sweat and have a good time. Incidentally, exercise doesn't have to look like exercise. Cleaning up the house is also good exercise.

5. Webene

WebeneMember

Threads:
    Generally, most people at the gym are wearing a tshirt and shorts because they do not want to be sweating too much, and the heat would be uncomfortable. However, your muscle performance is at an optimum at higher temperatures, so this may be an additional benefit to trying to heat up your body. Some people who wish to sweat more during their workouts wear more clothing in general, such as jumpers and tracksuits. Personally, I don't find sweating more than normal or forcing myself to sweat more during a workout to be a pleasant experience, so I don't wear additional layers.

6. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    No. Honestly I don't really like feeling hot and most of the attires that would make you sweat more are those that would make you uncomfortably hot and while doing exercise, a hot environment could be really detrimental to your progress, at least to mine. What I like wearing is the one that would make me feel comfortably cool despite my sweating. Of course I really want intense sweat, but I don't like feeling hot. Besides, even if it's cool I am still able to sweat.

7. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    I usually try to wear cotton sweat clothing when I workout like Rocky, but I don't like wearing anything on my head because it gets itchy for me and I don't want to have to scratch my head when I'm about to bench press. My friends and other people I've seen, have wrapped plastic bags around the areas they wish to lose most fat from, and it does work to make them sweat a lot but I'm not sure if it slimmed the fat on their bodies. I've heard Under Armour is good exercise clothing, but they're way too expensive for me at the moment.

8. goldenmaine

goldenmaineActive Member

Threads:
    I use jackets and jogging pants when running so that I can sweat more and feel the heat I my body. When doing resistance exercises, I wear a waist band on my stomach to make my belly smaller. Sometimes, it may be weird, but I put on a black garbage bag (an unused one of course) on my upper body when jogging because it also helps me sweat more according to what I read.

9. MoneyMan

MoneyManMember

Threads:
    I also use warm attire to make my body sweat more. Losing weight is important to me, and I love finding efficient ways to do it. I heard there are clothes specifically made to make you sweat more, but that would require some researching.

10. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    No, I don't.
    And you shouldn't either... Why?

This:
    You are only forcing dehydration.
    Unless you're planning on giving up water, you'll put the weight back on by the end of the day. Fact.
    Zero fat lost with this method. Only dehydration happening, which is very, very healthy...

To each his own, of course. ;)

11. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Agreed. What's more overly occlusive clothing might cause your body temperature to rise too dramatically, leading to heat stroke or heat exhaustion, which could potentially be fatal. I would definitely wear some more loose and porous clothing when exercising, even when the temperature may be a little chilly.

12. rares209

rares209Member

Threads:
    Do you really think that making your bdy sweat more means that it will burn more fat? This is half true, maybe even less than that. Do your researches people. If you want to be more efficient in loosing fat you should pay attention when it comes to eating. Sweating means that your body is adjusting it's temperature. That's all. From time to time, I see someone walking or climbing on a treadmill and they are wearing hoodies or even things like raincoats, thinking that they will fool their bodies to burn more fat. What are you doing os just losing essential water that is a lot more important in losing fat. My advice it to wear something appropiate and use HIIT for your cardio.

13. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Honestly I don't like to wear that's too hot in the body to make me more sweat because it weakens me and it just simply feels like I don't want to go on anymore. So I actually avoid those that's going to make me sweat more. I prefer then to wear dry-fit clothes. They don't make me sweat more, but they are really helpful to make you feel the sweat out of your very own effort.

14. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    I've done that too with garbage bags when I was really serious about losing weight. I've also used sauna suits, which are vinyl sweat suits that stick to your skin and make you sweat. I gave those up because they make you really sticky and uncomfortable. I like to have a certain comfort level when I work out. I've also used a tummy trimmer. Very uncomfortable.

15. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    No. I don't like sweating at all, only if I do exercises, but wearing clothes that will make me sweat? Just no way. It would be a bit irritating for me. I always go for clothes that are really comfortable to wear.