Do You Use Rechargeable Batteries?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by kamai • Oct 24, 2016.

1. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I find them to be great money savers and useful. Regular bateries here costs way too much and I rarely used to buy them unless I really did need them. With recharable bateries you will always have batteries available when you most need them, as long as you have electricity. I have found that they are not too expensive and in the long run they are worth your money. Regular batteries usually don't last me too long.

2. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with you but my use of rechargeable batteries is limited to mobile phones and camera batteries only. I am using the smaller batteries in remotes only and with the introduction of Chinese batteries at a very low cost and local battery producers reducing the price to stay in the competition I have stopped recharging smaller batteries.

3. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    Other than my devices, not really. I've had a bad experience with recharging regular batteries in the past. I almost lost an eye so I'm not too excited about doing that anymore. I think it's a cheaper alternative too but these days batteries come with a long life span so it might not be needed.

4. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I don’t usually use rechargeable batteries, but I find them really useful. My son had a toy which had rechargeable batteries. It was really very convenient, because the batteries got drained very fast and we have to recharge it on a daily basis. Just imagine how much battery I would have to buy, if the battery was not rechargeable.

5. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    No, I don't use such batteries. However, Iv'e always wondered if they would save a lot of money. For example, sometimes I go thru phases where I play the Ninetendo Wii a lot, and I have to go thru a lot of batteries.

However, if they only sold rechargeable batteries, then how would battery companies make a lot of money?

6. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    In this era, you seldom see anyone using disposable batteries anymore unless you put the batteries in remote controls or you put them on your wireless peripherals. Me myself, I only buy disposable batteries on the above mentioned items. I also buy one for my underwater head lamp. Most of us aren't paying attention now to disposable batteries since our phones, tablets, and laptops are using them. Honestly, I prefer using rechargeable batteries because they can be disposed off easily--you're not only helping the community minimize the use of resources, you're also helping the preservation of the environment.

7. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There is a difference between zinc and alkaline batteries and alkaline last much longer. Rechargeable batteries are made using the latter, thus will last longer. That's why cheaper zinc batteries seem to lose their power, but alkaline batteries (dry cell) will last as long as a rechargeable one.

I don't trust rechargeable batteries as the power can get drained. My dad used them for his safe, and he couldn't open it as the batteries had been drained, so in that respect it's not a good idea to use them.

8. Jannatul Ferdous

Jannatul FerdousMember

Threads:
    Rechargeable batteries are really good for all types of devices, specially if you want to make some savings as well.

9. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    Sorry to read about your insident but glad nothing happened. We should never try charging regular batteries because they are made differently. Thankfully I have not had any bad experiences but we must be careful with children.

10. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, that's my take too I just go for the rechargeable batteries so long I can always keep them charged ahead of need. It's way more economical for me on the long run. I wouldn't have to keep disposing off already used batteries which have been proven to be harmful to the environment if not properly handled.

11. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My camera uses rechargeable batteries. I have the batteries labeled with the date I bought them. The oldest pair of batteries I am using is the pair bought in 2013. You can imagine the amount of money I had spent if my camera batteries are not rechargeable.

12. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I think all batteries are rechargeable. The batteries that used by the running vehicle are self-charging as long as they are used and the car is running. Rechargeable batteries are very useful. They could be brought anywhere and they could be used to save efforts and time especially when you are far away from the town or the city. Though they have a limited usage, but they could serve the purpose.

13. kingcool52

kingcool52Active Member

Threads:
    I don't use rechargeable batteries anymore really as I have no need for them for any of my devices. I used to have them for my Xbox controller but now that I'm on the PS4 there is no need for rechargeable batteries for my controller. I remember having two batteries for phones and people would switch batteries if their phone died down. There is no need for that anymore really as I now have a portable charger plus most phones have batteries cannot be removed anymore