Do You Use Redbox?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Ke Gordon • Nov 1, 2015.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to use Redbox rentals because they have great customer service, and also offer coupon codes either directly from the company or from various places on the web. They have new release movies in their boxes unlike Netflix, who has a horrible selection of movies. Redbox has gone up a bit in price, but I think their quality is worth it.

2. SLTE

SLTEActive Member

Threads:
    I would if I could find Redboxes anywhere near where I live. Whenever I see them they always seem to be in stores that are waaaaaay too far away from my house to be at all reliable. The last one I saw on the way up to a cottage. Still, they're a good idea, and the selection always seems pretty solid.

3. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    I agree, Netflix doesn't have that great of a selection. And movies that should be on there, aren't. Like the old classics for example. Also I get excited when I see a movie, but then realize it's only available to rent. I just want to watch it there at that moment. But Redbox is great because it's cheap, and there's a good selection. There's always movies I've never heard of on there, that end up being really good movies. Some of my favorite movies I ended up discovering through Redbox. There's also always a lot of kids movies which is great because we always aim for family movies we can all enjoy. I like that they put the rating of the movie on there as well included in the description. It's just an all around great service. You don't have to return them until 9pm the next day as well. They have increased the price a little bit, which I wish they wouldn't do because now I'm worried they'll continue to do so. They need to keep it where it's at or it'll go out of style and people won't want to use it anymore.

4. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    We use Redbox occasionally if there is a newly released movie that we have been looking forward to see. We usually have a promo code when we get a Redbox movie, making the rental cost either free or discounted. If you run a Google search before heading to the Redbox, you can usually find a free movie rental promo code. Our local library has free movie rentals for one week, which is more convenient and costs nothing, therefore we usually stick with movie rentals from the library.

5. CherylTorrie

CherylTorrieMember

Threads:
    I have never used Redbox but I may now that I know about the promo codes and good customer service. We have one in our local grocery store which is very convenient for me. I guess I haven't used them because I wondered if their delivery method was a sign of bad customer service and eliminating local jobs. But now that I know if I have a problem they will provide good customer service I will definitely try it.

6. ProNine

ProNineMember

Threads:
    Redbox in general is better in terms of movies. They do have a wonderful customer service which is very important in any business. On the other hand, Netflix stands out in terms of tv shows. You are able to watch a big variety of the latest tv shows.

7. MiMichelle

MiMichelleMember

Threads:
    I love it! I mainly use Netflix for TV shows and Redbox for movies. I rarely go to the movies unless it's a film I really want to see because it's way to expensive so I just wait for it to come out on Redbox.
    The only problem I've had with Redbox is when the DVD is a bit scratched and it starts skipping when your watching, but it's nothing a little toothpaste can't fix.