Do You Use Sales Apps?

Discussion in Shopping Discussion started by Diane Lane • Jul 25, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been trying out some of the Sales Apps, since I finally have a mobile device that actually works. I was pretty hopeful, because I figured the reason the Facebook sales groups were so dead was that everyone had transitioned to the sales apps.

I do see a lot of items listed, but I'm also seeing a lot of spam type posts, as well as some less than desirable buyers popping up. I have had some items listed for a few weeks now, and have yet to complete one sales transaction. The people who have contacted me are mainly on one of the two apps where my items are listed, and they seem to expect something for nothing, and for sellers to jump through a series of hoops for them, for very little money.

Do you sell on these types of apps? If so, which one works best for you? I've tried LetGo and OfferUp, and so far, OfferUp seems to be the more active one, although as I said, I've yet to complete a sale on there. I've also downloaded the 5Miles and Close5 apps, but haven't listed any items on those yet. So far, based on what I've seen, I might consider listing a few items on Close5, and if I were looking to purchase, I'd probably look first on OfferUp and Close5, since those two seem to have the best looking and best value items of the group.