Do You Use Shopping Search Engines?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Denis Hard • Jul 16, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When looking for deals online do you use shopping search engines or use just any search engine?

Is there any difference?

There certainly is a huge difference. Some shopping search engines will find you the store selling stuff at the lowest prices. You'll see a number of obscure sites you've never heard of but even if they are relatively unknown it doesn't mean that if you buy from them, you'll be scammed.

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never used shopping search engines as I tend to buy from the sites that I am familiar with, and that I trust. But I am interested in checking them out. Can you name some reputable ones? And for those who are using them, what has been your experience so far?

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Here we go:

4. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I always search for things that I am looking to buy before I make any purchase - because I know just how much money I am able to save if I choose to do this. I have saved so much just by shopping around in the past, that I know it is certainly something that I would consider doing again. Sometimes you can find websites that you have never even heard of before, and they may even become firm favourites for you!

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a couple of price comparison search engines that I like to use to "shop around online" before I commit to a purchase. They are not bad, but what I really HATE is when the site tells you something is such a price or it's on sale, yet when you get re-directed to the site that sells the stuff, there's always the chance that it's out of stock or simply can't be found....grrrr!!!

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't use them as much these days unless they have coupons as I prefer to use Quidco or Ebates as you can use coupons and get rebates. Some deals aren't updated because they may be flash sales or a 24 hour one, so I tend to check the sites and Ebates always has the up to date discounts.

7. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    The only thing I use is

for online shopping because it gives cash back. I know ebates gets a bigger cut for being the referring website, but it has been the most consistent (for me) for rewards. They pay in a check which comes in the mail when your account reaches a certain amount. Over the years I've probably received about $300 back from ebates.