Do You Use Skyscanner To Compare Flight Tickets?

Discussion in Travel started by kenzhoui25 • Dec 2, 2016.

1. kenzhoui25

kenzhoui25New Member

Threads:
    Looking for cheap flight tickets is really hard because there are a lot of airline websites that you need to check to compare prices. Such problem though can be solved through online price comparing sites like Skyscanner. Personally, I haven't tried this website before, but I heard good feedbacks about it. Has anyone of you tried Skyscanner before? Is it easy to use for booking flights? For my next travel, I'm looking for cheap airline tickets so your replies would be very helpful.

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nah, I'm not a fan of Skyscanner. I tried using it a few times but they always gave me the most expensive flight prices. In fact, it's much better to purchase plane tickets straight from the plane company's booking website. Prices change at a fast rate, but if you're vigilant enough, you'd chance upon a really cheap fare.

3. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    I've used a number of sites like Skyscanner, and while they didn't give me the most expensive flights, I did tend to save a lot more money booking direct with the airline the same as what @xTinx@xTinx did so I think that's probably the way to go. A lot of the price comparison sites work on a commission basis so while they do save you a bit of money, they are also making sure that they are offering you a flight that also puts money in their pockets as well.

4. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Well currently I do not, but that is really only because I have not heard of it before. It sounds like it would be useful though, so I will have to keep it in mind to get some cheaper flights.

5. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree that the cheapest tickets can be bought directly from the airline's website. We have been checking regularly the websites of Cebu Pacific Air and Cathay Pacific because they continually have offers for discounted plane tickets. Another source of cheap tickets is the travel expo - it is usually held in February.

6. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I did use a couple of similar site just yesterday as I was looking to buy a flight ticket but in vain.

Nothing of desire came even remotely close so finally I bought it from the airline's website at a huge margin. A lot cheaper and awesome transit time 1 hr vs 10 hrs! Imagine that!

7. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I still use Skyscanner (because it's still a website that's worth researching), but I think the Decolar website is far superior. The options are more diverse and the prices are usually much more interesting (ie, cheap). I know there are still other good options, but I already have my choice and I'm very happy with it.

Decolar is the winner! ;)

8. LesY

LesYMember

Threads:
    I use Skyscanner as support. It is a good tool to use, you can get an idea of the dates that have the best prices and which airlines operate in that area. Looking airline by airline takes longer and you might miss a good deal, like the option to see prices from city A to country B. I haven't booked through them, personally I prefer to book directly with the airline because it gives you more protection (there is no third part involved).

9. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't use skyscanner searching for cheap flights online, in fact this site is strange to me. There are a few sites I sometimes check but most times I would use the search engine Google to do a very wide look out. At other times I'll visit the websites of the different airlines to compare the prices and settle for the cheapest, good and easy to afford service.