Do you use sticky notes?

Discussion in Office Supplies started by Peninha • Mar 11, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am a sticky notes addict. I have them on my keyboard, on my pocket, at home, everywhere. Softwares that reply sticky notes aren't new, but I never got used to them even though they are far cleaner than the physical notes, apart from being cheaper. Do you use sticky notes or you use that sticky software?

2. costin

costinActive Member

Threads:
    All the time, everywhere:)
    On my fridge I find the shopping list my girlfriend drew for me, on my notebook I come across the customers I have to call that day and in living room, nearby TV I have my social obligations established, otherwise I would forget about a friend`s birthday

3. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747Active Member

Threads:
    I always have them on my desk but I rarely use any to be honest. It's there just in case I need to write something down, then again when I'm sitting by the desk I've also got my laptop in front of me so I might just write it into notepad. If it's something I need to remember on the go, then it's all about the one in my phone. I'm not a big fan of the app that came with my sony erickson but it still gets the job done.

So yes, I do have sticky notes but I rarely use them.

4. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So how do you remember the stuff you have to do crimsong? :)

I'm always swamped by notes and literally if I lose a note I lose a task, it's something I don't do. Maybe I have some problem in my memory lol, but I don't know what I would do if it wasn't for these notes. Pretty much like costin says! :D

5. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    I use them frequently as I am often making appointments for clients (students) on the fly. The notes are great for writing out a session time and giving it to a student and a second note for me as I don't use an electronic calendar on a regular basis. They are also handy in front of the computer in order to white down reference numbers for orders when printing out a full page is unneeded.

6. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm also addicted to Sticky Notes! I have them in regular paper, which I use at work to leave notes and messages to people, I use the Sticky Notes program on Windows a lot, everyday I use it to leave myself notes and memos for the next day, information on something I need and stuff I copy and paste a lot. And I also have an app on my phone called Color Notes, which I mainly use for lists (like grocery lists). I couldn't live without sticky notes!!

7. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are some inventions that are extraordinary, the simplest things can really revolution our lives and make their creators rich. Why wasn't me who invented little pieces of paper with glue? :D Possibly everyone I know uses them.

8. khillis

khillisMember

Threads:
    Not as much as I probably should. While I was in University, I used them for reminders. Assignments that were upcoming, appointments, etc. They're quite effective.

9. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I use sticky notes all the time. The front of my monitor is plastered by these things. I mean, there are a lot of sticky note applications on phones and on computers now, but having to write your reminders in a piece of paper gives me that feeling of urgency and it sticks into my mind. Also, I love the feeling of crossing out some tasks and reminders that you've already done and accomplished.

10. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I use them on a regular basis. I have had a couple of them in my office and even at home. They are the best way to remind yourself about something. I also use different colors depending on urgency. If I see one with the emergency color then I have to deal with it at that particular moment.

11. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Funny enough that we have smartphones, smartwatches, all sort of gadgets, but we still rely on the old piece of paper with some glue on it LOL, it's simply more reliable. I don't go to the trouble of setting up alarms on my phone or computer, I prefer to write down on a piece of paper. :)

12. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I actually like the Sticky Notes program that comes with Windows, I use it all the time.
    I only use the actual sticky notes to make note of something in a book or manual, so I can have it poking out and I can find the page quickly.

13. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't enjoy those sticky notes on the wallpaper because they are not as visible as the ones on my keyboard and I often forget about them with so many windows open. Besides, they make my computer slower so that is annoying too.

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was never fond of sticky notes. If I want to remember something, then I would just use my cellphone's drafts option to save whatever I want to remember. In my opinion, it's more convenient that way and you save money in buying post-it notes in the 1st place.

15. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Saving money is subjective sidney, I get my sticky notes at work :p, besides, putting all those drafts on the cellphone are time consuming and you know what they say, time is money. :) I think that whatever works for each one of us is fine, I just have this sticky notes system for over a decade and it has been working just fine. :)

16. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    If it works well enough for you, there's no need to change. But it is getting to be a bit old -fashioned :D

17. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    I don't use paper sticky notes very often. I find them to be too small, and they tend to not stick very long. I do love the virtual sticky notes though. I don't have them all over the place, just in a little pile, and I just bring them up when I need them. I don't really use them as reminders, but more so to keep information handy that I might need later on. I just find it very a convenient way to keep track of things.

18. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Aha, but I am picky about the size of my sticky notes lol, I just love the medium size ones, the smaller ones are in fact too small and those that double the size of the medium ones I don't find practical at all.

@Strykstar, maybe I am old fashioned, but they do work, it's a fact, I never forget stuff I have on my notes.

19. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do use sticky notes :D. I tend to use them to help me remember things :D. I stick them on the top of my computer so I don't forget what needs to be done in the office. I also use them when people phone to write any information down that I need to remember. My office is full of sticky notes, lol.

20. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    LOL, I'd love to see that, it seems pretty much like my office! :D My colleagues don't seem to use them so intensely like I do, I guess they have a better memory or another way to deal with things, but so far it has been working for me.