Do you use sticky notes?

Discussion in Office Supplies started by Peninha • Mar 11, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I am! I have a tons of them stashed, scattered and pasted all around my room and working space. I also use sticky notes in my books, notebooks and planners. They are great supplemental tools. And I just really love many of the designs they come with. They keep me updated of the things that I have to keep up with, so I wouldn't delay or lag in doing my tasks. I don't think I would survive long without them.

2. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    LOL, I am seeing myself in you 003. Sometimes my jeans pocket is so fillet with those notes that I wish I can get rid of them, but I can't because each one is a reminder of something I have to do. Probably I should get a PDA, but it would never be the same thing. :D

3. ladybug

ladybugMember

Threads:
    Being from Minnesota where 3M is located and who designed the original Post-it notes that's a definite "Yes, I use Post-it notes!" I've used them for years and even though I use the electronic ones on my computer screen also, I will continue to use my good old sticky notes because they're just so convenient! ;)

4. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ahah, so you're sponsored by 3M eh? :) It's been a while though that there are 100 brands that produce post-its, but honor to them for creating them. :) I never got used to those e-post-its, I need to have the actual piece of paper at sight or else it's just a screen and I won't ever notice it.

5. Annabell

AnnabellActive Member

Threads:
    Nope, I do not use sticky notes. I probably should I guess since I tend to forget some things now and then, but I just find it more hassle than its worth. If it's that important, I'd remember it on my own.

6. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ah, I think you are the only person I know that doesn't use sticky note Annabell. You are right, the most important things we do remember, but when we have too many important things our mind doesn't keep up. Using the cell phone is also an alternative, but I think that is more work than just write a note.

7. Navii

NaviiActive Member

Threads:
    I would be so lost without them! While I'm writing this I can see 12 sticky notes around my desk and there are some outside my field of view too. I don't understand how people can live without writing down stuff. I get that there are people with great a great memory, but I can't believe they can remember everything. The place I find the most useful to remember something is the back of my phone, because I use it a lot and whenever I use it I am remembered about what's on the sticky note. Most of the others are on my PC screen or right on the table.

8. thestoryteller1

thestoryteller1New Member

Threads:
    I love sticky notes! I have so many notebooks and organizers and journals, sticky notes just help set aside some information so it's not just a huge bulk of text. I use them any chance I get. I even like having few sizes and colors.

9. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We don't know the value of sticky notes until we don't have them haha. I'm so used to medium sticky notes that today when I went to get some more they didn't have them, I looked at the mini sticky notes and it simply didn't felt the same, they are just too small for my needs so I am looking in another place for what works for me. :)

10. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    Time is money, and sticky notes have saved me quite a few dollars. I have the paper ones taped to my computer and stuck on my desk. I use the Windows sticky notes, too, and the notes on my iPhone. Without sticky notes, I'd be completely lost. I save countless hours that I would spend searching for information.

11. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have so many things to do daily that I would forget many if it wasn't for the sticky notes I would forget to do quite a few. Today actually is a happy day because I am looking at my keyboard and I haven't got a single sticky note, what means that I have no urgent tasks to perform today. :cool:

12. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I used these occasionally back then, but even then I never really used them that much, and so I don't use them at all now that I can store my reminders digitally. I do still like them, though, just because they are kind of a fun thing to have and play with and back in the days who I used to work in an office, I would usually have one handy just to doodle on whenever I have downtime and need some stress relief, but that's about the extent of my use for them.

13. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is my next step lol, but I've just being too lazy to pass to the digital reminders. I am pretty sure that there is an amazing app in which I can easily store my agenda and tasks, but I also feel that these little yellow papers are more practical and immediate.

14. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I actually prefer to use both sticky notes and the sticky software also. I think I prefer the sticky notes over the app because you can see it every time you walk past that particular thing on which you stick it. I prefer to use most of my sticky notes on the refrigerator and on the mirror, the two things that I daily visit and love looking at. I use the app when I need to set the reminder for any particular note.

15. sharpayvargas1

sharpayvargas1Member

Threads:
    For me, sticky notes is a necessity. I use both the one installed in my computer and i also use the actual sticky notes. With them, with me, rarely do I forget tasks to be performed (only if I forgot to write on them). Important things are usually encoded in my desktop. I use sticky notes to important documents that I don't want to write on

16. Goat of Departure

Goat of DepartureActive Member

Threads:
    I don't use sticky notes anymore. I used to have a lot of sticky notes stuck on my monitor and my fridge but I find them to be completely useless because I tend to not read or scratch them off once I'm finished with all of them.

I don't even use the sticky notes apps but when I'm really busy and I have a lot to cover for that day I do use a piece of paper and write down some notes and lists of activities to accomplish.

17. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    All.The.Time.

I started using sticky notes about a year back and never stopped. They've helped me so much in remembering to get things, or finish a certain assignment, etc. I just be sure to plant them around my room and/or house and they're great for keeping me on track for that day of what I need to get done. They're also nice for getting messages to roommates to make sure they actually read and get the message,

18. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am having a problem with sticky notes right now because at my job they seem to be disappearing all the time. I wonder if anyone is taking them home, most likely is something like that, but it's really annoying being stolen (even if it's just post-its) at work.