Do You Use The Coupons On Receipts?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Zyni • Apr 17, 2015.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Many times, a coupon will be printed on your receipt from various stores. Do you pay close attention to what these coupons offer? Have you ever used any of these coupons? I have to admit that many of them weren't something I could use, so I began paying less attention to them. There are some, however, that could be useful (like the Dollar General ones that offer like five bucks off if you spend $25 or $10 off select purchases and such).

Do you use them? Do you forget about them sometimes?

2. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I rarely find any that are of any use to me, but I still take a look when I get a receipt that has them on them. Sometimes I do find a valuable coupon for some money off of a dinner entree at a restaurant we go to, or like $10 off an oil change. Most of the time the coupons are for services that I do not use. I will probably pay closer attention when we buy a house because I do find coupons for home services.

3. Grumpy

GrumpyActive Member

Threads:
    We don't really get a lot of them here. Only stores that really do on-receipt coupons are Sainsburys, and that's with their brand match program, if your shopping would've been cheaper at one of the other major supermarkets they will refund you the difference of your shop with a money-off voucher for your next visit. A lot of people don't tend to use them though as they only tend to be for a few pence each time.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    On some receipts there is a coupon for a McDonalds meal for a couple of pounds and some supermarkets add on another coupon for money off your next shop.

Staples in the US did run a good one, $5 off a $25 purchase in Kohls and you could also use Kohl's cash too. We ended up using two coupons and getting Kohl's cash on sale items so it was really worth it.

5. Matthew Malka

Matthew MalkaNew Member

Threads:
    I tend to use any possible coupon on the receipt as an advantage because its basically free money. Adding all those savings together can net you either money coming back to you or you spending it on an even better item or items.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've used the Kmart ones on the receipts. They gave me one for $4 off any garden center purchase of $20 or more. I bought a peace lily and a zz plant.