Do you use the platform Steam?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by richc3 • Jul 4, 2014.

1. richc3

richc3Active Member

Threads:
    Or more-so specifically

These guys have been quite the powerhouse in terms of gaming sales and some general apps as well. So much so that the big boys at Ea, Microsoft, and a few others have tried to compete with them with minimal success. The company is in the process of rolling out a console and a portable handheld device in the future. For now though, they are the King of software distribution.

Do you use it? If so, have you purchased any games recently worth noting? If not, where do you usually get your games from?

2. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Sure I use Steam. It's the leading platform on online distribution for gaming.

They often have sales, like the summer one that just ended (?), and you can be sure that you'll find all those game that you wanted to play, but never had the money, dirt cheap for grabs. As for their success, no wonder. Steam (Valve) knows how to innovate and gives gamers exactly what they want and when they want it at an affordable price.

3. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I am actually fairly new to steam. I started using it last year when a friend introduced me to it. I have loved it ever since. They have so many games, sales, and even free games. I don't play it as much since I have little time, but I have a number of games I got for free, bought, or was gifted.

Some of my favorites have been Limbo, Microvolts, Gary's Mod, and Sins of the Solar Empire. I use to play games like Pay Day 2 as well. It is really neat.

4. Ridge

RidgeMember

Threads:
    I rarely play my games on PC, but when I do Steam seems like the way to go.

Good sales, good community features, also every game code I've ever been given has been for Steam.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I do use Steam and I like it very much. I love that you are able to get free games on it and take advantage of promos, and you get to just download the games which is so much more convenient than having to drive to a store to pick out a physical copy, in which where if you're buying it second hand you'd even have to worry about the disc being faulty. I don't participate much on the extra features they have added, though, such as the card and trading market, but I appreciate that they are there to give people more to do than just play games. It's also great that you get to add friends and you get to play and keep track of nice and skilled players you get to meet online.

6. fivebyfive

fivebyfiveNew Member

Threads:
    Not only have I used Steam but I probably have over 50 games that I have on Steam currently that I've had on there for years. It's not just a great platform for downloading and storing games it's also pretty cool for storing them. My games are still connected to the steam account even if I don't actually have them on my computer. So for instance I may have 2 or 3 out of the 50 on my hard drive but it's just as easy to get the download process started and get more. Overall though it's just great to have them all in one place.

7. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    Of course I use Steam. It's just so easy to use, has great sales, and even when it's not a proper sale, they have daily deals and weekly discounts on big name games...all of which adds up to you buying a ton of games, and then never actually getting around to playing them. One of these days I'll sit down and play through them all. One of these days...

8. misterv520

misterv520New Member

Threads:
    The better question is who doesn't use Steam, well probably non-gamers. I use Steam occasionally, its accessibility and utility is second to none. I like how they have daily sales and weekend sales. As a college student barely scrapping by, these deals are a lifesaver, literally. Another thing I use Steam for is to look at free to play games. Steam adds more f2p games to its collection frequently, its a nice way to discover new games for free.

9. That'sDevo

That'sDevoActive Member

Threads:
    Steam is all I really use anymore if I'm going to pay for a game. Great deals along with humble bundle, who wouldn't want to use steam.

10. Navii

NaviiActive Member

Threads:
    Most of my games are on steam because they are just so cheap. Their summer and winter sales are a godsent for low-budget gamers like me, even if they aren't as good as they used to be. I still find myself buying great games for < 5€ that I can play for hundreds of hours. I also like the community trading aspect of games like tf2, dota2 and csgo. They kind of made an own economy with ingame-items.