Do you use the preinstalled browser on you computer? (IE for Windows, Safari for OS X)

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by Akya • Sep 26, 2013.

1. Akya

AkyaNew Member

Threads:
    I use Safari on my Macbook Pro but Google Chrome on my PC. I found Safari is fast and reliable whereas IE can lag or when you install programs, they add an annoying toolbar or feature to IE. Sadly I've found some websites in Japan (like the region locked "Tera") requires IE to download or to view content.

2. ml318

ml318New Member

Threads:
    I really despise pre-loaded software and try to remove it and install my own browser as soon as possible. I currently use Google Chrome and find it to be very fast and user friendly in most every way when trying to navigate the Internet, whether I am downloading or streaming content.

I find IE to be very slow and cumbersome with all the add ons and toolbars it tries to throw at you. and I am not a FireFox or Safari user even though I hear they are very good browsers in their own right. Google Chrome offers great syncing options to tie in all your important documents and music, movies and email all in one and it runs without a hitch every time without those non-stop error messages you seem to get when using Microsoft Internet Explorer.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hate using Internet Explorer and if you buy a PC most likely you'll find that Windows is already installed and that means your default browser would be Internet Explorer. Would I use it anyway? Definitely not. Firefox is my favorite browser because the add-ons make it much easier and more convenient to use especially if you're trying to block all those annoying ads.

While I have to admit other browsers such as Slim Browser have powerful ad-blocking features, they only permit global ad-blocking whilst with firefox's noscript add-on, you can set your options differently on different tabs. Ain't that cool?

4. SoftDev

SoftDevNew Member

Threads:
    Yes i use IE whenever i reinstall my windows, you know why i use IE? because to download the other browsers such as chrome and firefox. lol

#4Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  5. yellowbird

yellowbirdMember

Threads:
    EEP, I HATE Internet Explorer, and that's what came on my computer. NOPE. I scooted right over to Firefox and Google as quickly as possible! haha

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I use Google Chrome, although I have Firefox, IE, and Opera installed on my pc. I think that Chrome loads the fastest and has the most user friendly interface.