Do You Use The Self Check-out Line?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by cluckeyo • Aug 12, 2016.

1. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    They are a great convenience, if they are working properly. And you never know about that! I will generally use the self-checkout if I only have a few items. If I have a large amount of items, I usually choose the checker. This week I went shopping, and I guess I had more items in my buggy than I realized. I went to the self checkout and it was freezing up every item or every other item. I thought i would never get out of there. So definitely, from now on, if I have a big load I will take it to a checker.

2. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    Yes,they are very convienant and you know somebody is going to wait on you(like yourself haha)-its kind of as fast as you want it to be as well. The only problem for me with self-check-out, is that when you buy some fruits that need to be weighed-then it can really slow you down and put you in a funk. Most of the time its a very smooth operation-and also there is a clerk there to help you out as well.

3. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I will use the self checkout when I only have a few items and do not want to wait in a regular checkout lane. I like the convenience of doing it myself and it usually is a lot faster. I get your frustration with the scanner freezing up after one or two items. I hate when you scan something and put it in the bag then it tells you take it out and scan the last item even though it has registered. Like all technology, there are going to be short comings. I guess we have to take the good with bad.

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No even if I have only one item to purchase I'll go to a checker to check out my purchases. I'm not accustomed to self check out at all. I like saying hi and goodbye to the checker too. Guess that's what I grew up with paying at the cashiers so that's what I like to do check out at the cashier's check stand.