Do you use TripAdvisor or other review sites?

Discussion in Travel started by primalclaws1974 • Nov 28, 2014.

1. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    I use Tripadvisor to plan our entire trip, anytime we go anywhere. It is the website I use for trip planning 99% of the time. I love being able to read other people's reviews before booking hotel rooms, while planning which sites to see, and before picking which restaurants to eat at. It helps me narrow down what options are best for our budget for each particular trip. For the most part, reviews by other Tripadvisor followers have been pretty accurate. I always take what I read there with a grain of salt, because everyone's experience is going to be a little different. Tripadvisor is definitely worth checking out next time you plan a trip!

2. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I absolutely love TripAdvisor and always uses it before planning a family trip. The site gives you a lot of money savings tips and will even clue you in on other attractions in the area. The reviews section of this site are also great because people will give you the honest truth with respect to their experience with what ever it is you are looking for. I find the food reviews to be the best because some customers will actually post pictures of the meals they tried.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have used TripAdvisor to plan a trip but I used another site along side TripAdvisor to get a better idea of the true condition of the sites I wanted to visit I don't believe all the good reviews I see online and I keep in mind what one person says is good may not be so good to me. We may not have the same standards when deciding what is good and what is not good.

4. watsadamen

watsadamenMember

Threads:
    When I travel abroad either with friends or family, I do not usually avail the services of a travel agency. I book the airline tickets and the accommodations online. Websites like TripAdvisor and Virtual Tourist (I am not sure if this site is still up) are excellent tools for travel. You can read about reviews for various types of accommodations, whether it's for a hotel, bed and breakfast or specialty lodgings. Also, you can get tips for restaurants to try or tourist spots and off the beaten paths recommended by locals.

5. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do generally check things out on Trip Advisor but always take the reviews with a pinch of salt. What's unacceptable for some people is absolutely fine for others. I can recall one reviewer going spare because the budget motel they chose had no pictures on the wall. there's also a chance that the reviews are fabricated too. So whilst I do read the reviews, I don't let them make the final decision for me.

6. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, we always consult Tripadvisor. That site is very relevant to us since we are travelers to foreign countries. This year, we had 3 trips - China, Malaysia, Vietnam - and we had a great time with the help of Tripadvisor. Tomorrow we are leaving for Hongkong and Tripadvisor said it is best to make a sidetrip to Macau so on Friday we will spend the whole day in Macau.

7. mmegs00

mmegs00New Member

Threads:
    I always use travel review sites, especially TripAdvisor. It is a great way to get a taste of what you are in for; good or bad. I understand that sometimes there can be dramatically negative reviews out there, but for the most part people are genuine in their writing. It is really useful when you are travelling to a place where no one in your social circles has been too, so you have nothing to really guide you in your travels. Also, I like review sites to find the best local eateries. Nothing bothers me more than flying thousands of miles to eat a chain restaurant.