Do you use your fitness equipment effectively?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by maddie • Sep 28, 2012.

1. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I am sure most of us have bought various fitness equipment, DVD's and the works with the good intent of staying fit. How do you use them? Do you use them at all? Have you got bored after the first few months possibly days and now they are resigned to the garage? Or do you use it from time to Time Out of guilt? What percentage of your purchases do you really put to good use in this category?

2. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    If you ask this a few months ago then I will confidently say YES! Too bad that it is not the case now because I can't seem to get my body to lift some workout equipment that I have. I bought these three months ago because I want to workout even when I am home but since that I am getting too busy at school lately I could not spend even an hour with them.

3. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I work out at home however my problem is consistency. I don't own a treadmill but I do have a step and a set of 3 weights for workouts I have on DVD and VHS. I was on a really good stretch at the start of the year and lost 31 pounds by working out at home in prepraration for my Spring wedding. I got laxed and haven't worked out like I used too and my diet has changed a little with more carbs than I should. I regained 8 pounds. It's time to get back to the grind and continue my weightloss journey. I struggle with staying motivated and fitting working out in my 12 hour day schedule 5 days a week. I know I can do it, I just have to make time like I did before. I 've used 99% of all my DVDs at least once. I like variety. I have DVDs from Tae bo, to Jillian Michaels to Jackie Warner.

4. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Tosaytheleast and kaybee517, I am also guilty of this. I have an elliptical machine, and few other equipment around the house. Initially I was regularly working out and at least using them on a daily basis. Now, I seem to be caught up with work online and never get to workout. Added to this I have developed a physical condition due to which I am medically advised to avoid any workout. Light stretching and walking is all that I am allowed at this moment. I feel so guilty at having spent so much on these machines.