Do You Use Your Mobile Phone to Order Stuff Online?

Discussion in Landline & Mobile Phone Networks started by Adeal4u • Jun 2, 2012.

1. forumwriter225

forumwriter225New Member

Threads:
    Because of the security risks posed by mobile phones, I would avoid making transactions on the phone altogether if I could. There is too much that can go wrong for me to be comfortable.

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Never ever ever ever never. I don't have any particular reason for not shopping on my phone, it's just small and annoying and I hate touch screens lol. I think I'm rebelling against my phone more than anything. I hardly use it at all. If the day comes that I HAVE to use my phone for a purchase, I'll go without instead.

3. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I use my cellphone a lot when ordering offline. I find it faster than using my laptop. Especially when I am traveling and see something I like, all I do is google it and decide which retailer I want to purchase from.

4. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am pretty much the same. I have never ordered anything from my phone besides apps or songs because it's just too much hassle. The apps and mobile sites usually are hard to navigate through. I don't like draining my battery for it.

5. Frogurt

FrogurtMember

Threads:
    I use my tablet and phone to order stuff online all the time. My favourite way to shop is online as I can buy in bulk, find and compare the best deals, and save a lot of money. I've used both internet browsers and apps without any hassle. I personally hate it when I have to dust off the old laptop and boot it up to make a purchase because a site isn't compatible with my phone.

6. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    Yes,I have to say with all the free app download available in the play store on the smartphone its so convient to just download the app and make a order. I am a bid fan of eBay so I use the eBay app faithfully. Some apps when you make an mobile order u get good discounts. So I love shop from my mobile phone.

7. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I actually order online quite a bit from my smartphone. I find it to be just as easy to shop and pay like it does on the old school computer. My phone is used for everything! Its not just for calling people.

8. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I do not prefer to order from my cell phone most of the times. It is really a cumbersome task as I have only a 5 inch display phone. Also, there is no security in ordering by phone. It is more convenient to do it in my PC. I prefer it as there is high security from the anti-software I usually use, so I could easily do net banking. Also, the display of online things is much better in PC rather than in the laptop.

9. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never ordered anything online with my mobile phone. I do have a smartphone, but it is only a very simple one, and the screen is quite small. I am worried about making typing mistakes, such as giving the wrong quantity or address, or clicking accidentally on the wrong item. And, there is usually quite a bit of hassle involved if I have to cancel an order, as I often use a pre-paid credit card for my internet transactions.

10. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    I don't even have internet on my phone. I have a simple LG phone that I can make or receive calls on and SMS. It does not even have texting. Personally I can't stand cell phones but even if I had an expensive smart phone like so many in my family do, I would not make any purchases online. I wouldn't trust the security of the transaction. I mean whatever network you are using is vulnerable right ? Do phones have encryption codes in them ?

I use my iPad to order stuff online now and then but that I do from my home internet service. Apps from the iTunes store, stuff from ebay or Amazon etc.

11. maxparker0

maxparker0Member

Threads:
    Yes I do use my mobile phone to order stuff online. I don't really see any difference for ordering stuff online from PC, Mobile or anything. Doesn't matter. And as I spend a lot of time with my phone, I use it for online purchases.

12. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I have used my ipod quite few times. I don't have a smart phone so that's not an option. I don't see why a phone/mobile device would be higher risk than a PC unless you are comparing a PC that has very high end internet security and commercial firewalls and such. That's a whole other story, but as most people don't have access to that t home when they do their online shopping, I don't see there being that big of an issue.

13. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    I use the smartphone to shop on eBay and Amazon. If I see something I want to buy, I am not going to wait until I get home to my PC to buy it. I like the ease of shopping right from their apps. I don't know if it is any more or less secure than using a PC or a laptop, but it is certainly very convenient.

14. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I've never used my mobile to order online actually. I only ever use the desktop PC for that. I don't do it that often anyway.

15. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    I use my phone for just about everything. When it comes to ordering online, I would rather use a desk or laptop computer. Phones nowadays have become so tech savvy that they can do just about everything computers can. I even work from my cell phone to get paid.

16. CamdenB

CamdenBNew Member

Threads:
    With all the phone leaks and stories about phones being insecure, I am not very comfortable with putting important information into my phone. I realize nothing is completely secure, but I feel as if phones are more of a target than actual computers. Also, some websites are not completely configured for a mobile device, which can get frustrating very fast. Occasionally I will use amazon, because I feel it is secure, but I always prefer ordering things on a computer.

17. worldmachine

worldmachineActive Member

Threads:
    I use my phone to order from the internet as it is just convenient, unless it is a certain item that i want to get a good look at, then i will use the laptop. I tend to think of my phone as a portable PC and have the attitude that i will use it in the same way until something goes wrong.

I know phones are supposed to be less secure than PC's but i have never had a problem nor heard of anyone else that has. I think we pay enough money for these phones so we should be able to enjoy the full capabilities of them, online ordering being one of those.

18. Darakath

DarakathMember

Threads:
    I prefer to use my home PC to order anything, not because I'm paranoid of security weaknesses, but just because of habit. I still would buy something on my phone if it was an emergency though, I don't see why people don't want to. Still, it's always good to not take chances like this if you are able to.