Do you use YouTube to watch movies?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by lindbergh • Apr 21, 2013.

1. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    No, I have never used Youtube to watch movies. I didn't know people put full length movies on Youtube, lol. I might watch them now. I only really use it to listen to music or watch music channels.

2. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Better start watching them while you still have the chance because YouTube has the tendency to delete the full length videos that were uploaded because of copyright infringement. I suggest that you also get a YouTube video downloader so that you could download the movies uploaded in the site and watch them later without streaming directly from the site.

3. indigo

indigoMember

Threads:
    I purchased a movie from netflix for $2.99 and was pleased with the quality. I have also watched free movies on netflix. I wish that I had done some more web sleuthing and found the movie for free online that I ended up paying for on netflix. If you look hard enough, you can find almost any movie for free on the Internet.

4. adeleinthesea

adeleintheseaNew Member

Threads:
    Honestly, YouTube is the last place I would watch full-length movies and that's mostly because they are segmented into different parts on a playlist and I have gotten halfway through a movie before only to have an entire twenty minute section have been removed by the administration. There are so many places to watch and download movies. If you aren't subscribed to Hulu or Netflix and don't want to pay monthly, check on demand for cable- the movie selection here is usually pretty good. If they're newer movies, I'd rather just pay that dollar or two at Redbox rather than deal with online streaming.

5. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    While there are a lot of movies on Youtube, in my experience, trying to find newer movies or stuff that is in the theaters currently is a waste of time. There are too many spammers who post a screenshot of the movie making it look like the real thing, but it's actually a fake and the video cuts to some text telling you to visit a certain site to continue watching the movie. These sites are usually loaded with ads and malicious scripts, and 99% don't even contain the movie at all. They just keep making you click on stuff with the promise of getting to the video but you never will.

I tend to have better luck looking on torrent sites still. There are usually active communities of people participating in the sites who will help flag fake files, and get them deleted. The Pirate Bay is pretty good with this for example.

6. Banister

BanisterMember

Threads:
    Definitely yes… I watch lots of videos and music on YouTube. And for me I love the "you might also like" deal, feature as it makes me happy and like any movie that captures my heart. Through this feature which am not sure if its name I have found and discovered new music and videos. I as well I love watching documentaries and historical documentaries are my favorite.

7. Loyal

LoyalBanned

Threads:
    Only free movies not the ones they charge. I watch TV shows on there the most and interviews.

8. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not exactly fond of watching movies in the lowest quality possible, so.. no, I don't.

9. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I will sometimes watch movies on YouTube if it's something I like and they have the full length movie. Sometimes I will search for a movie, but they only have it in parts instead of the full movie. This is a little frustrating because I will do a search for the full movie, but only get scenes.

10. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I agree. However, I don't watch movies on Youtube because it depends on my internet connection, which it gets disconnected out of no reason. If I want to watch movies, I would either buy the DVDs or watch in the movie theatre.

11. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree. I don't even bother looking for movies or TV show episodes on YouTube anymore because I know I will come up with that. It's only if I'm desperate and can't find it anywhere else. However I find torrents confusing so I don't rely on those either. I've tried downloading them sometimes and I rarely get anywhere with it.

12. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I watch old movies that I may have missed on Youtube. We do not have cable so it is Netflix and Youtube for us.

13. randee555

randee555Active Member

Threads:
    I have watched stuff on Youtube before but it was never full length movies. Tubemate on the other hand, I love because you can download whatever you want!! Whoever doesn't have it or has never heard of it, needs to check it out!! It pretty much has all the stuff that's on YouTube, I download all kinds of stuff off of there on a daily basis and I love it!

14. freebiefan1

freebiefan1New Member

Threads:
    No, I have never used Youtube to watch movies.

15. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It might be against Google's T.O.S to upload copyrighted material on youtube or any of their services. However most people do. Google knows it but unless someone lodges a complaint then the movie will stay. The irony of it all is that there are so many full-length movies on youtube that someone actually decided to create an app that would help you find the movies more easily. Here it is:

And a word from the developer of the app:

16. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I do, I use Youtube to look for old cartoon shows that are otherwise very hard to find everywhere else. I don't however use it to watch full length movies because I prefer to watch movies I buy on a tv. Youtube's content ID claims have been running rampant so I'm sure if there are as many things anymore.

17. bigboss25

bigboss25New Member

Threads:
    I don't know why I cannot watch full length movies on YouTube, I guess it's because I am so used to popping in a DVD.

The only things that I am used to watching on YouTube is rap videos and celebrity interviews.

It is something about a movie being on a real television screen that makes it more entertaining to me.

18. 4justice

4justiceNew Member

Threads:
    I use to do that a lot right up until about a month ago. Google has this copyright issue going right now. They've been taking down movies and video game content left and right. So now some of my favorite youtube channels have been all but nullified.

19. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I get on YouTube for movies and mainly comedy (stand-up routines) from my favorite comics. When I need a bit of laugh therapy, I hit this website and spend an hour listening and laughing to commentary on life.

20. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    On occasion I use Youtube to watch full length films, but that's very rare because they hardly have the ones that I want to watch (I don't like watching movies in parts). i usually just google it and look for it on a random site and nor do I download the movies. I don't like downloading things from the internet very much because I don't want a virus even though my laptop is pretty good at keeping viruses away.