Do you use YouTube to watch movies?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by lindbergh • Apr 21, 2013.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I doubt you'll be finding too many movies on youtube. Most full-length movies which are uploaded get deleted fast because of copyright infringement. Old movies from the 60s or thereabouts, those you might find but the quality is so poor that you might not even enjoy watching the movie(s).

But it doesn't hurt to take a look . . .

2. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You'd be surprised. There's a ton of movies and full copyrighted material (like sport PPVs) on Youtube.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It used to be so difficult to watch movies at YouTube because the site strictly adhered to copyright laws. For some reason or another, it has loosened up. Now it's relatively easier to watch Thai, Japanese, Korean and even English movies. I've also seen a number of kiddie movies and Japanese animes. The selection isn't comprehensive, however.

4. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I only watched documentaries on Youtube. I never really liked watching movies on a small screen but it's good to have them if you just want to pass the time with some random movies on the go.

5. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    YouTube movies are quite awesome. I think it is great to watch some movies online and that too on YouTube. I hope to watch them quite often but most of the movies are not at all put upon the YouTube.

6. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the feedback, Denis Hard! I spoke to my husband and it appears that he knows all about this stuff as usual. Imagine my embarrassment when I excitedly told him about being able to watch movies on YouTube, and he already knew about it and proceeded to educate me on it. I thought for once I'd be the one to tell him something new LOL Epic Fail!!

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Funny thing is Google claims they're against piracy. They've de-indexed some torrent sites, dumped a number of known pirate sites from their search results but . . .

They let youtube users upload pirated content!
    Makes me wonder if they are really committed to fighting piracy.

8. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    It really depends. I use YouTube to watch 90s action movies as well as old Kung-Fu movies. I haven't found anything recent that I feel the need to pay for or that I couldn't find on Netflix. I also use YouTube to watch old cartoons like the old Bugs Bunny anthologies and things like that.

9. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Honestly, I cannot say that I have had any success in locating movies on YouTube so as to watch them, and all I have had success in doing is watching a few half length and snipets of shows like Family Guy and Fresh Prince. I will however try my luck in locating a movie to watch on YouTube but I'm not keeping my hopes up because I've been trying for a while to no avail.

10. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They don't LET you upload it. It's against the ToS. They put in an automated system that triggers on match with copyrighted content and they are aggresivelly removing content that was DMCA'd, what else do you think they should do? Because you CAN'T police every single video uploaded to the site.

11. teabwoi

teabwoiActive Member

Threads:
    I have used it to find some old movies and I will say that I think that the experience on the site is really nice. I have been able to find lots of good movies on it.

12. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    Yes. I use YouTube a lot for "watching movies" purposes. It's very accessible and I'm not having troubles with the loading of the movie. It's really fast. I don't even have to sign up for the membership which other online movie sites are asking for. It's a good source of free movies. :)

13. owesem75

owesem75Active Member

Threads:
    oh yes! this is the best way to catch up on those movies you missed watching.. old and new. But you really have to get yourself an unlimited internet subscription.. BUT ITS WORTH IT. Last time, I happen to get to the "real" story of Jack and the Beanstalk and it made me realize that the old story that we all used to know about this fairy tale has taught us (or still teaching our kids) the wrong values... Jack is a Thief!!!! and he live happily ever after because he stole the gold laying duck!!! But the story that I just watched has (what it seems to be) correct and COMPLETE STORY of the fairy tale that will tell you, GIANTS were not bad creatures, Jack live happily ever after when he returned the harp and the golden egg-laying duck.. just find out in youtube to better understand what I just wrote here.

14. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    I like using You Tube to watch my favorite parts of movies. Whether it's the "do it, do it" scene in Starsky and Hutch, or the many memorable scenes in Zoolander. During Christmas season I will watch some of the older Christmas movies on You Tube to enjoy the festivities.

15. PrettyBrainQueen

PrettyBrainQueenBanned

Threads:
    I only use it to watch Classic movies you wouldn't be able to find on Netflix like Fresh and Paid in Full. Imitation of like as well. It's not a bad source if you want to watch something but it has to be outdated because now everything has copyright on it.