Do you usually drink alcohol?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Gelsemium • Sep 15, 2014.

1. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    No not usually. The last times that I drank alcohol were for a friends birthday in April, and before that New year's eve. I probably only drink around 2-4 times per year actually. I just never really got into it.

2. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's pretty much like me Hedonologist. Actually I used to drink a lot of alcohol when I was a teenager, but that clearly was an unhealthy habit, so I quit and started to live healthier. Now I can drink half a dozen times per year, I still enjoy it and I guess that a few times should not hurt. ;)

3. wvboarder

wvboarderMember

Threads:
    I'll side with the minority and say I'm still pretty young so when I drink I DRINK. I love shots but only if it's at home. They seem to go further and the next day I feel way less sick than I do when I only drink beer. When I drink heavy on beer I wake up with a hangover and a bad/weird taste in my mouth that even brushing my teeth doesn't take care of. My favorite drink is called an orange crush. It's a mix of orange juice, triple sec, and orange vodka. It's so delicious that at one music fest I attended I spent nearly one hundred bucks on them over the course of the weekend.

4. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    I don't drink near as much as I used to. I used to drink everyday of the week, sometimes even on the job over the years. I now only drink on the weekends and if I do tip during the week, I'll just have one tall can. My drink of choice is vodka or flavored beer. I believ vodka overall is the American liquor of choice and of course beer is the all American drink.

5. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I rarely drink alcohol. It is one thing that I hate and have been taught from a very young age that it is not good for health. None of my family members drink alcohol and it is something that we would never do. However, whenever I drink it would be just whisky. I have wanted to try scotch too, but never got an opportunity. I think I would love to try everything one fine day, and hopefully not get addicted to any of them.

6. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I don't drink! This is the reason why my friends don't invite me if they will go to bars or something. I remember one time, my friend tricked me by putting a few drops of alcohol into my water. I almost slapped her!

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't drink at all, because the taste of alcohol sucks! It's really bitter and hot to the throat, basically it doesn't taste nice at all. I actually wonder why some people seem to love drinking though. They must have a tough stomach and taste buds to endure that bitter taste.

8. Gelsemium

Threads:
    That's the reason why I don't drink regularly either sidney, I don't like the taste of it and I am always a bit surprised when people "enjoy" a good glass of wine, whiskey (yuck) or beer, all that taste bad to me. I just drink a few times to get a little tipsy lol, it helps to break the ice sometimes. :)

9. dizzykitsune

dizzykitsuneActive Member

Threads:
    I absolutely adore BudLight's Raz-Ber-Ita. It's a canned margarita that's sweet and tasteful. To be honest I can't stand beer because of the foul taste of it and worst of all the smell! However, I love little 'fruity' fun drinks. They're a spark on the pallet that doesn't invoke a wince upon consumption.

10. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I am not really a drinker anymore. Once I got with my husband, I stopped doing everything. Some times I may have a martini or a fruity alcohol beverage but other than that I do not drink. I use to drink Budwiser with my father because that is the only type of beer that he drinks. I also use to drink Gin and Sprite, Vodka and Orange Juice, and Crown and Coke. Those are some really great combinations.

11. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I drink alcohol, but only at the weekends. I have to relax with a nice glass of wine on a Friday and Saturday after a long week at work. It's just a way of relaxing for me. I don't drink too much though.

12. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like a glass of wine with meals and to relax, but at parties, it's economical to to a punch with more fruit juices in and a few splashes of alcohol depending on the guests. Bottles of cider can be cheap and can be mixed with other drinks and wine can be mixed with lemonade or soda water to make drinks go a bit further and prevent people from getting too drunk early on.

13. Gelsemium

Threads:
    I think that the only alcoholic drink that really feels good to me is a well made sangria, but that is only because it has a lot of fruit and sugar, so the alcohol doesn't even tastes bad. In the summer, a well made sangria is something hard to be beaten as a refreshing drink.

14. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't usually drink alcohol. I drink during festivities but out of social pressure and not because of my personal preference. I am not an avid drinker nor an enthusiast. I don't hate it either, it's just that if I have to, I do drink it. But if don't then I don't.

15. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I do. I am mostly a social drinker so I drink when I am out or have people over. I always associate drinking with friends, family and a good time. My favorite is champagne, but I also enjoy certain white wines and cocktails. I don't always buy the most expensive but I also don't buy the cheapest--I like to find the middle ground and find that tends to be pretty decent quality.

16. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Social drinking is something relatively important in our society, it's rare when we go out and we don't see someone holding a glass in the hand. Having this said we don't need to be drinking alcohol to be social drinkers, but sometimes it helps to get in the mood.

17. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I try to limit my alcohol intake to three to four drinking sprees in a year not because I fear getting addicted to alcohol (my level of self-control astounds me even), but because I live in a place that's far away from the city proper and I go home to it everyday. If I get too drunk along the way, I might end up being an inconvenience to others or worse, lose my wallet, my cellphone and other valuable while I was totally wasted. I also prefer red wine and other variants of fruit wine to regular beer. I like mild vodka and drinks with only 5% alcohol content.

18. Gelsemium

Threads:
    When I was a teen I loved to drink and be a little drunk, I had fun with it. A couple of years ago I drank too much again and it was really hard for me to recover, I was half a week feeling bad lol, so that life is not for me anymore, no way I want to feel like that.

19. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1Member

Threads:
    I drink once every 3 months or so. I use to drink a lot. I come from a beach town and we would party a lot mainly during the summer months then take a break during the winter months (off-season) Now that I'm in my late 30s health is my main concern and a healthy liver means a healthy life, and drinking doesn't help that vital organ.

20. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't go to bars anymore, but when I did it was mainly beer I drank. I was a fast drinker and they lasted me the longest so I wasn't constantly making the trip up to the bartender lol. Although I was anyway.. I just got a few extra sips out of the deal. Shots were always, always involved.. but I also like my girly drinks. In short, pretty much everything.. I drank everything lol.