Do you usually drink alcohol?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Gelsemium • Sep 15, 2014.

1. Jennifer McGaha

Jennifer McGahaNew Member

Threads:
    I dont drink very often. Mostly because i work early and staying up late isnt really an option. I will occasionally have a glass of wine for dinner but not much more than that.
    When i do decide id like to get a little tipsy i tend to lean towards Tequila <3 I prefer 1800 and recently i tried Cinnamon Tequila. That was a win win! Went well with apple caramel cake! Yummy!

2. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a couple of beers around once a month. I love a nice cold beer but always save it for a treat as I'm on a pretty tight budget right now. I haven't drank to get drunk for years now.

3. hellonamesdana

hellonamesdanaMember

Threads:
    I might be one of the only college kids who really doesn't drink very often at all. Once in a while I'll have a couple of beers, but honestly it usually makes me too sick to be worth it.

4. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @JosieP@JosieP, lol so you stopped while it was time eh? The same happened with me and now I only drink a couple of times per year because it really ruins my health and my pocket. Either cases, shots are really expensive, I think they should cut the price from those.

5. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I do like drinking ethanol beverages, and I like good beer and liquor with some tasty BBQ! I enjoy drinking medium quality beers from Sierra Nevada, Asahi, Sapporo, Blue Moon, and Shock-Top. My usually liquor is rum like Captain Morgan, but sometimes I opt for whiskey/scotch like Jameson, Jack Daniels, or Johnny Walker. I have rarely drank ethanol beverages by myself, and I do it simply to enjoy my time with my brothers, sisters, in-laws, relatives, and friends.

6. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The first time that I ever tried alcohol, I was very young and it was at the hands of my irresponsible grandfather. He used to give us grandchildren ale, mixed with orange squash. I am hoping that he didn't do anything to me whilst I was under the influence that I am not aware of, to be honest. But I have been drinking alcohol since then. These days though, I do not drink alcohol anymore. I think that I have done enough damage to my liver lol.

7. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I very much enjoy my beer. I only drink at the weekends (normally a Saturday night) and I like trying new ales and bitters. In fact nothing makes me happier than going into a pub and noticing they have a new ale or bitter on that I haven't tried before.

There is nothing wrong with drinking alcohol as long as you do it sensibly. :)

8. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    I love Karaoke (a popular-activity where you get up to sing popular songs with a microphone & pre-recorded back-up music ... a word that comes from the 'Asian' (Chinese, Japanese, Korean Sanskrit?) for 'empty orchestra'). Though I was introduced to Karaoke at non-alcoholic places (big family Christmas-party, University lunch-gathering, rehabilitation-center party, rehabilitation-camp dance), its most-frequent venue is the bar. So I go to the bar. And--though sometimes people BUY ME the ridiculously expensive stuff (which is worth it---it's like a super-fun happy-pill! :D)--I usually get (sometimes even specifically asking for) the cheapest drink possible---to show my appreciation for the environ-maintenance :cool:

I usually drink 'a large mug' (maybe a 'stein'?) of the tap-beer at ... it's such a good deal ("you can't get this anywhere else in the state"), the location might be a secret ... for a low-low price (prices change so fast that I don't want to set any 'claims' in stone/cloud/whatever-the-`net-is-written-on).

Drinking is said to lower one's inhibitions. Sometimes you need that in order to let go of some self-centered anxiety, and I imagine that the hyper-expensive drinks' effects are more-effective. So it's "worth it." Doctor's Orders :cool: