Do You Walk?

Discussion in Travel started by remnant • Jul 11, 2016.

1. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    I do but sometimes not on regular basis. o_O

2. sidjohn

sidjohnMember

Threads:
    Yeah, I also often love to walk because its has many of its pulse points. Even try to on for nearest place to walk about to get all of its benefits and stay happy.

3. abonnen

abonnenActive Member

Threads:
    I live in a small town and there isn't much here to walk to. I walk to the post office everyday, then I walk the nature trails that go through the town. When I go to a big town I prefer to walk then drive because I really do not like driving...at all.

4. Casiox

CasioxActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I feel really identified with this thread, I always walk no matter whether there is transport available or not, I really love walking, however it mostly depends on my mood during the day and in the moment when the idea of walking come into my mind, it's erally great, you can also see a lot of stuff out the streets.

5. Dybbuk Jones

Dybbuk JonesNew Member

Threads:
    I live in Manhattan so I walk all the time. In fact, I never learned how to drive. I think I had wanted to move to Manhattan for years. When I lived in Minnesota, walking was very inconvenient because there was never any public transport. Sometimes I had to walk and even though it was cold and vicious, I still needed to get out of the house. Didn't matter if there was a blizzard.

In New York, I walk a lot but mostly because I can always hop on public transport.

6. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    Is there any ground with green grass or your lawn with some of refreshing and beautiful plants? You can set a routien on daily basis its trhe best way to be healthy and to start a healtihes day without spending to money in natural ways.

7. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I always walk if it's close enough because I get major headaches with transportation. Walking is nice sometimes and it lets you feel the cool air. It's always healthy to walk instead of taking a ride and plus, it saves money if you have the time.

Sometimes if I need to get somewhere fairly quick, I just use a bike.

8. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    Oh man.. this is an interesting question I always wanted to ask. Thanks for bringing it up. I do prefer to walk whenever I can even though I own a car. I see the number of people looking for walk is actually diminishing very fast. Our legs are of no use nowadays. I am afraid as it is said that we got evolved from apes one day we will be legless creatures as we do not use it anymore. Once driver-less cars are in place we don’t even need our legs to apply brakes..lol.

Yes, I do walk a lot and the most important benefit is on health front. People are becoming obese these days just because they hate walking. Even for short distance they avoid walking and it is becoming a status symbol. While walking I also get a lot of opportunities to enjoy nature and socialize with other people. And as you already know it reduces air and noise population.

Our streets are already flooded with vehicles and the roads are not at all developing. If walking is not possible I would prefer to use a public transport system. I use my car mainly during family trips because it is not viable to control my kids while walking especially for long distance.

9. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The nearest market to our house is more than half a kilometer but maybe less than a kilometer. This morning, I went to that market to buy fresh food for the kitchen - beef brisket for a soup dinner and some fish for the dogs. I walked my way in going and another walk on my way back home. Think of the benefit that I am getting with that walking - aside from the saved fare for the tricycles plying that route, it has given me a good exercise.

But I could only do that walking inside our village which has a comparably clean air than outside because the main road is always crowded with traffic so you can imagine the pollution that can harm our body.

10. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    I always walk when I come to work, and when I go home. I won't elaborate more, we all know that this is good for the body and another good thing about walking is that you would be able to appreciate life better because you use mostly all of your senses just by doing this.

11. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    To be very frank I seldom walk for saving money but I love walking every day and walk for about 30 minutes at a brisk pace besides jogging for another 30 minutes. That is my routine first thing in the morning at 6 for almost 10+ years. I would giveup any thing for the love of walking which is my favorite way of exercising.

12. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I enjoy to walk sometimes even if I have the choice to take a car I do this as a way to ensure some small exercise. Trekking is one easy and cheap way to exercise the body. I sometimes prefer to trek if the distance is a few kilometers away and do advise others to do this sometimes.

13. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I always walk to work and local shopping. I have always walked in younger years and never owned a vehicle. Now I do have a vehicle but I still prefer walking.

14. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    When I am not in a rush or carrying anything heavy I prefer to walk. Being on the bus makes me feel dizzy so I try to avoid it as much as I possibly can. Unfortunately most places I go to are usually very far so I take the bus instead.

15. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I walk on regular basis and my walk is not limited to casual walking. I do it second thing every morning when I go for walk and jogging in a park meant especially for the purpose. I walk for almost 30-40 minutes for at least f-6 days a week. Also, I never leave a chance of walking whenever I have time to do that.

16. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I do walk if I am going to places not too far from my neighbourhood. Places that are not more than three kilometers away from me. I do walk when I am going to nearby groceries or just decide to undergo a little exercise around. At times I will intentionally come down from the bus when I am close to my house and complete the remaining distance by walking.

17. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    I do walk but not for any particular reason. I only walk these days to kill time. I hate being too early but I don't like being late. Currently I have consistent appoints in the morning and the only way to avoid being late is to reach early..obviously. However, I time it perfectly each day. I stop at a location half an hour away from my destination and walk the remainder so I reach at the exact time I am needed.

18. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    This is the reason why I love this time of the year. I like the crisp air and it just makes me get out and walk so much more than I usually do. I try to get out a couple time of weeks regardless, but when the weather is a crisp fifties or forties, I can walk around for hours or go for a little hike.

19. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    I also had started walk each day after my dinner. I go out for a walk and i walk for an hour my friend jones joined me and we talk and walk. Now it fun for me having a walk and healthiest too.

20. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I do a lot of walking. Walking in the first place is my simple medium of exercise early in the morning. Brisk walking could boost my body stamina. I am alert and enthusiastic as I do it everyday. In our small city, most of our means of transportation is a motorized tricycle which floods our city streets. But I seldom ride on it when I go to the market, to the public plaza, to main office of the agency I work with. I only take a public transport in going to the capital city for it is around 45 kilometers.