Do You Walk?

Discussion in Travel started by remnant • Jul 11, 2016.

1. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 Yeah, pretty cool. I do walk to work and back, but that's under 2 kilometers per day, haha, work really close from home. I am starting to walk more, leaving the car at home now and again for shorter distances, as you very well say, a few kilometers only benefit us, and we do need to find time for our health.

#81Apr 10, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2017
  2. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I actually like to walk short distances, I get to save money that way. I don't even have to commute to go to the mall because it's also walking distance from where I live. I get to save money on those "special trips" that other people would have paid as their fare.

3. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @moneymania@moneymania In my case saving money is not the primary reason but a part of it. I mainly do the walking for the fun of it. Most of my walking is first thing in the morning or when I am especially out for the purpose. I have not yet thought in terms of saving money but that sounds like a good idea.

#83Apr 11, 2017
  4. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1, So you find walking fun? Well you must be into watching people or sceneries then? I tend to walk because I also am a bit overweight, so walking helps me to lose a few calories. I don't know how to ride a bike, so that's also another reason why I tend to walk.

5. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @moneymania@moneymania Yes, I am nature lover so I walk whenever possible and as I mentioned in my post getting rid of extra pounds is not my aim. I love walking for miles and miles when I am in a new area (and I am in new areas more than often due to my job). I really learn a lot just by walking and seeing new things. I have walked few long distances as I had no other option but to walk but that was a different story every time.

#85Apr 12, 2017
  6. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    Walking is an activity that I am not particularly into unless I'm with my dogs. My car conked out a couple of months ago, though, so now I am having to bus and walk everywhere. I've found that I quite like it which is a big surprise to me. The scenery that I get to see is wonderful and great for a sense of wellbeing. I've also bumped into the same people over and over again and ended up making new friends.

7. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    I do use to walk daily a little bit. Walking remains us active and I am so sure that this will be really a good way to keep a thing amazing.

must be appealing.