Do You Want to See a DOCTOR WHO Movie?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by mythman • Aug 8, 2014.

1. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    DOCTOR WHO is a sci-fi series that's been running off-&-on for 50+ years on the BBC & BBC-America. It's about the adventures of the last surviving member (in this dimension, anyway) of an alien race known as Time-Lords, who time-travels in a blue police-box called the TARDIS, along with a human companion, occasionally 'reincarnating' (in a blast of fire & light) into a new body.

(There are a few stories that arc through the whole series; but the focus is The Doctor & The Companion & The TARDIS, and the stories are pretty-much just 'flowers the next writer picks out of that bramble-patch.')

Peter Jackson--producer of the Lord of the Rings-trilogy & -of the The Hobbit-series, practically the owner of New Zealand--is being sought to produce a DOCTOR WHO-movie/series.

I think the movie would be fine, but a) DOCTOR WHO strikes me as more-intellectual than most theater-fare (although it WOULD be kind of Neat to see "the TARDIS going through a wormhole" on the big screen) & b) any story for DOCTOR WHO: The Motion-Picture would have to be more-complicated than any of the TV-episodes, which are way too complex for the general public.

So I would give DOCTOR WHO: The Motion-Picture a "no-go" ... unless Jackson did it through some heretofore un-used medium (I'm thinking like 'through a virtual-reality headset' or 'on a STAR TREK-holodeck)

That brings up the idea that I think would make a good DOCTOR WHO-movie (or movie-series): mashing-up the DOCTOR WHO-story with that of another popular movie---BACK to the FUTURE, THE MATRIX, TERMINATOR ...

What do you think (about any/all of that)?