Do You Watch Live Concerts

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by gracer • Mar 16, 2016.

1. artyarson

artyarsonActive Member

Threads:
    Tonight I'm going to the local show that will take place at a small bar. A friend of mine is playing. There's nothing better than drinking some middle strenght stuff and listening to someone play the acoustic and sing in good voice. That's a lot of fun, really. This culture should stay. Hope it really will.

2. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My husband is connected with an organization in the movie industry. Once in a while he gets invitations for movie premiere or concerts. One time he was given 1 ticket for a live concert (I'm not going to identify the concert so as not to incriminate my husband). And since it is only 1 ticket, what we did was to sell it. We are not concert lovers anyway and it is not in our option to buy another ticket so the 2 of us could go. The ticket fetched a good price and we used the money to have a nice dinner and movie tickets as well.

3. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I will go to a concert if the cost is withing my reach. I may be a big fan of an artist but I am not going to unnecessarily stretch my resources to see that artist live. I would just settle with seeing him or her in the media. Most of the artists I revere are from previous eras, therefore at this stage, I may not have to be rushing to see them anyway.

4. rubymusic1

rubymusic1New Member

Threads:
    I go to LOADS of concerts and will do at any opportunity I get. But I am a music journalist, so I get into lots to free and only have to pay for travel. I'll literally go and see any band I can. Free music festivals are the best, especially when they're small and held on venues up and down streets.

Everyone needs to go and see at least one concert in their life.

I've seen nearly all of my favourite bands live since 2009.

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love live concerts but the cost of a concert is unreal to me, I have not been to a well known person concert in years but I do go to local live concerts on a regular bases. The cost of a concert is not something I am willing to pay regardless of who the person is if it is over $100.

6. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I do enjoy live concerts but i rarely indulge myself in that since the tickets are always pricey, i only ever pay for tickets if i'm desperately in love with the artists. Last live show I went to is Bon Iver show and it's totally worth it.

7. rosemoon

rosemoonActive Member

Threads:
    I don't go to concerts often, but for me the experience is worth it. I am a big fan of K-pop and honestly I think the ticket prices are fair when compared to going to concerts of American singers. I mean these K-pop artists come all the way from South Korea and for just about two hundred dollars I get to see them up close and I even get to greet them after the concert! At the last concert I went to I paid two hundred twenty dollars and it was glorious!! I was only a few feet away from the singers and I said hi to them after the concert. One of them even squeezed my hand!! Plus getting ready with my best friends and the anticipation throughout the day of the concert is part of what makes it a wonderful experience. It was absolutely worth it to me and I can't wait for my next K-pop concert!

8. serbog

serbogMember

Threads:
    Yeah, concerts are really great. I love going to concerts, especially to bands that I really like, but that rarely happens. I go to concerts in my local jazz club every week or so, and they have really great live rock music. The entrance is free which is awesome, and we usually stay for a few hours.

9. ptahm22

ptahm22Active Member

Threads:
    I would only pay for a live concert if I can afford it. I really love them though, but the cost really matters. Chris Brown was in our country recently but unfortunately the tickets were too expensive. I prefer downloading them or streaming them online. I will atleast experience some of the fun.

10. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    @artyarson@artyarson I do agree that live performances are way better since you would know if the performer is really good or just good because the performer uses gadgets to improve the way they sound. I do play guitars and drums and I actually miss playing. It's been 10 years since the last time I played drums but I occasionally play the guitar at home whenever I am not busy.

@gracer@gracer This price is way too high. Well even if it's my favorite rock band that's going to do a concert I would not pay this amount of money just to watch them play. And if I literally would go to concerts of my favorite bands, it would totally cost me a lot. I could just use the money and run my own website and earn a bit from it in due time.

#30Dec 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2016
  11. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I actually like going for live concerts if I have the time and the artist is one I have great respect for. This will serve as one good opportunity to watch my celebrity perform live and get to have a selfie with him or her if I get the chance. It'll be fine by me if the price for the ticket is moderate.

12. slumberchip

slumberchipNew Member

Threads:
    I've rarely been to concerts because first, I don't consider myself a big fan of any artist and second, ticket cost is always an issue. While as a practical person, I wouldn't spend so much for an event that only lasts a couple of hours, my experience of going to Ed Sheeran's concert here in our country made me understand why people go to concerts in the first place. Sure, we would think that it's much more convenient to listen to our favorite artists in the comfort of our own homes, but the experience of singing along with all of the fans is truly irreplaceable.

Depending on the ticket prices, I would usually go for the second most affordable ticket (unless the VIP ticket is really cheap).

13. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I've only gone to one mayor concert in my life and that's because my auncle gifted it to me or else I would have never been to a single one. I have gone to a few live performances but they were all free mini concerts. I have other priorities right now which I would prefer spending money for instead on spending it on a concert.

14. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    If I'm a fan, I'll definitely go. ;)

I've already moved away for immense distance to watch a live show from my favorite singer or band. I think it's very worthwhile, and only those who understand this feeling are those who also really fan of someone.

It's indescribable to watch a live show of whom you really are a fan. :cool:

15. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I have only been to a very few in my days and I think that this is good. They should be something of a reward, just for general purposes as well as financial ones, at least for me.

16. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Concerts are very expensive especially when the performer is popular much more a foreigner. I do not watch concerts of foreign performers because of the high priced tickets. Maybe I am a very practical person when it comes to spending because my reason not to buy concert tickets is not to waste my money for a few hours of that performance. But I admit that I watched a local concert last year that featured my grade school classmate as one of the singers. And the ticket costs 1,000 pesos ($20).

17. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    It is good for your for you want to save money but for those avid fans or fanatic fans, they want to be with their fave singer. Thus, they devise ways and means to save money even as to how much as long as they could attend and witness personally the concert of their favorite singer. We should respect them for that matter.