Do You Wear A Hat?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by remnant • Nov 13, 2016.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    A hat especially a fedora makes a good fashion statement and it tends to go along well with most dressing styles. They also come cheap. They are good for hiding greying hair as well as reducing the effort required to maintain your hair especially when you are going out in a hurry.

2. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    Once I went to a zoo which was a all day affair under the sun. Given my migraine, that was perhaps the only occasion I wore a hat. But as you've said, hat is a quick fix to manage the flaws of hair. Apart from that, hat gives a good shed which protects the facial skin from getting tanned.

3. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I like seeing people wearing hat for they look fashionable. How I wish I could have one too. However, I am a forgetful person. I am afraid I might misplace it when I take it off. For me, hat is not only to cover or protect the head from possible effect of the scorching heat of the sun but to look as I mentioned it fashionable.

4. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I don't usually wear hat but I agree that it can be a good fashion statement. It fits perfectly with dresses especially during summer. There are a lot of cheap hats in our area and I'm not sure if they are in good quality. But I'd rather buy hats that are a bit pricey but I'm sure that I will be using it for a long time than cheap ones that can easily wear out.

5. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I don't wear a hat because I despise hat hair. Most people I know where a hat because they don't like their hair or they think it goes well with their outfit. I'm not really a fashion person so I don't think hats are necessary unless it's extremely sunny out and trying to avoid a sun burn.

6. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    I have never worn a fedora, not even any kinds of hats. I have worn a gulf cap, but not a hat. Even when I am sun bathing, I have never used a hat. However, I believe hat is a wonderful fashion statement. A nice hat defines a personality of a man or a woman. Perhaps, I should get a hat for myself.

7. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I dislike wearing hats although I have been told they suit me there is something about them I hate that I just can't point out. I do like how they look on certain people and I do consider them to be a good fashion statement but I hate th for myself.

8. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I hardly put on hats when I am on my foreign wears, I just believe I'll hardly get a hat to match unless it was a component of the clothes. I use wear when I am on my native clothes, in fact the hats are designed along with the sewing of the clothes. Hats just make native dressing look superb on me.

9. SammyGregory

SammyGregoryMember

Threads:
    No, hats dont look good on me. However, I do like them on people who can pull them off.

10. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Toboggans can save money in cold weather if you happen to be a stingy type like Scrooge that doesn't want to spend on heating. :rolleyes: However, I've not seen the savings benefit of owning a hat. Generally, they are just worn as an expression of fashion. Nonetheless, if they attract the opposite sex, then perhaps they can save on dating website fees.

Finally, hats seem to be a bandwagon thing at times like beards and tattoos are now, for the most part. For instance, whenI was in school everyone wanted to wear a Chicago Bulls hat because that was the fashion, as Chicago with Jordan playing was the best around. Nonetheless, it didn't indicate they really liked the team, as the word bandwagon suggests.

11. Sandy Mayfield

Sandy MayfieldMember

Threads:
    I do not wear hats except 1 beanie that I was gifted. They do not look good on me 99% of the time.

12. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I don't wear a hat. However, you are right, hats do hide the grey hair and helps in hiding uncombed hair. We have a lot of sun in our country during summer. It is advisable to wear a hat. But here, nobody wears a hat. We put a stole or something to cover our head but not a hat.

13. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I have definitely had my phases in life, and one of them was one that featured a hat, but it did not last too long. I agree with some of the other users though, in that I am glad because I would probably always lose it and have to spend to get a new one.

14. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I feel its okay not to leave the head bare if you could get a matching hat for your dressing. This is the more reason I always insist my tailor makes hat along when sewing my native wears. I see it as more dignifying to have a hat on covering the head partially on a matching outfit.

15. Amber123

Amber123New Member

Threads:
    I have many hats I wear in the sun. One hat has a chin band so I can wear it in the wind. One more is straw and fastens with Velcro. I use it on things like street fairs since it is simple to take on/off, and if I don’t need it, I can move it up and stick it in my handbag.

16. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I love fedora. I usually wear one while travelling or on an outing. They are cheap and durable and since I wear them occasionalism lasts me longer.

They help on beach visits for my silky hair gets tangled and voarse with the humid air.

17. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    4cd2ee215ed7afef331e048aef81f7f0. yes, I like to wear hats because they keep your hair in place and they are good to keep the sun off of you. They make me look better as well,also there are many stylish hats to choose from. Look at the variety of hats that the soccer player David Beckham wears-and they really add something I think to a individual,also it just makes me look more complete. So yes I think people should besides "bending it like Beckham"- they should wear hats like Beckham as well(haha)!

#17Aug 11, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  18. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wear and like hats to help protect me from the Sun and keep me warm when I'm out in cold weather. Even here on Oahu, there are times we have very cold weather, so a hat comes in handy for Sun weather and cold weather. I have 3 hats...2 cloth, and one straw hat with a huge brim.

19. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    No I don't. It is too hot in India to be wearing a hat. If I wear one, I would sweat a lot and be so uncomfortable. Instead I just cover my head with light, cotton scarf when I go out. That is enough!

20. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    One's fashion choice determines if one where hat or not. Personally I don't like wearing hat for any reason but I have seen several people who engage in the act and they come out looking exceptionally cute.

My problem is once I put on a hat, the picture my mind gives me is those old wicked magicians in some horror movies, funny right?. Well that's my problem with hats. I try as much as I can to stay away from it.