Do you wear a watch?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Dora M • Jun 30, 2014.

1. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Reading about time consciousness in another thread, I wonder how many of you wear a watch?
    I have never worn a watch in my life. I don't like to be constantly reminded of the time. Every morning I get woken up by my inner clock that has never failed me. If I have some important meeting, I set the alarm clock on my mobile phone just to be on the safe side. How about you? Do you wear a watch?

2. Ridge

RidgeMember

Threads:
    It is 2014, why wear a watch?

That's one of the many items that has been replaced by my phone..

3. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I used to wear a watch, thought it was very grown up of me, now I look at my phone or laptop if I want to know the time...or the microwave, oven, TV guide channel. These days there are so many options that we don't really need watches anymore. I do still like them as an accessory though.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I used to wear one, but I mostly just wore one as a fashion accessory rather than for practical reasons. I've already grown used to checking my phone for the time, but I'd also slip into some phases wherein I'd prefer to wear a watch despite it. I like watches in general, and I think the best designed ones are very pretty. At the same time, I never really gave too much precedence on the monetary value of the watch and as long as it works fine and looks good then I'm okay with it. i do have some aversion towards some brands that I don't like, though.

5. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't worn a watch for about 5 or 6 years now, I think it's only worn as a fashion accessory now and I don't really care for that.
    I'm always at either my desk at work or at my computer at home so I can just see what time it is at a glance and when I'm not at a computer I can just take 3 seconds to check the time on my phone.

6. lionzfire122

lionzfire122Member

Threads:
    About wearing a watch, let's see.

I used to wear a watch while in the military. It was very useful when I always needed to use it for a quick time in the dark, and being discrete about it. Wearing a watch was also useful during the time of land navigation when I couldn't use my phone.

Basically, a watch is for emergency purposes and can be very useful when it has a small compass on it too. Other than that I have replaced my watch with my phone since I have been out of the military.

7. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to wear a watch. The band was old and it fell off my wrist without me knowing it. I was upset, but I haven't replaced it. I was looking at watches last night. Yes my smartphone has the time, but I don't like pulling it out every time I want to know the time. Eventually, I am going to buy a new watch. My wrist still feels naked without a watch even though I haven't worn one in several months.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to wear a watch, but now I have not worn one since 2002 when it stopped working, since the battery has worn out. I don't think I would want to wear or buy one again, since cellphones can conveniently tell you what time it is.

9. Emeline

EmelineNew Member

Threads:
    Yes, call me old fashion but I still wear a watch. I'm not one to carry around my cell phone just to check the time. I have a cell phone, but don't feel the necessity to keep it handy. A watch on the other hand is light and attached to me. I've worn a watch since I was old enough to be trusted to keep up with one. So, I guess old habits are hard to break. Although, I do like for my watch to be decorative.

10. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I used to wear watches. Then, one day, after my fifth watch mysteriously stopped for no reason, I discovered that the level of electricity in my skin didn't work well with these devices. Whether cheap or expensive, watches go haywire when laying on my skin after about 30 days. So, now I just use my cell phone as a means to keep time.