Do you wear glasses?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Gelsemium • Sep 9, 2014.

1. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    i think that I needed glasses almost a year before I got them. The change in vision was dramatic. I simply couldn't believe how clear things were. Obviously at some point in my life I must have had vision that clear but just couldn't remember it as it had deteriorated so gradually.

2. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that in health we need to know what to do to preserve it, sadly in our youth we usually ruin our health because we simply don't care. In the case of the eyes it's a fact that we spend way too much time in front of the TV and computer, that is why a lot of people wear glasses.

3. dizzykitsune

dizzykitsuneActive Member

Threads:
    I WISH this would happen to me! I've been the opposite. I've had glasses since I was ten and have yearly check-ups. With each visit I am told that my vision is worsening and that my eye prescription needs to be stronger. I can't see a single thing at any distance without my glasses. You're quite the lucky one.

4. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Yeah, I actually felt like that when it happened to me. I actually went there because my wife was complaining that my glasses were too old and ugly and finally I left more handsome haha and healthier, it's just one of those things.

5. malik2630

malik2630New Member

Threads:
    I was wearing glasses from my childhood, I actually don't like to wear it. I only wear it when I watching tv and working on computer.

6. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    My mother is 62 and is getting cataract surgery on Monday afternoon. They do one eye at a time, and space it out two weeks.

She's been wearing glasses since she was about 12 years old and her eyes have just gotten worse with time.

Apparently getting cataracts removed (and then a new lens placed in the eye) can actually improve vision. I just figured it would help make it a little clearer, but the doctor told her that she most likely wouldn't even need glasses after she heals. There is a small chance she might need a single vision script but that would be great for her.

I have glasses right now as well and I don't mind them at all. I have contacts but I never wear them. Everyone has their preferences. Though my prescription did get stronger over the course of one year. It went from a -1.25 to a -1.75.

#26Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  7. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't wear glasses, and thank God that I wouldn't have to because I would really look terrible if I were. It's not for me, it doesn't suit well my physical appearance, so even if I would have to wear a glasses, I wouldn't wear it at all. I would rather wear contact lenses. And that being said, even just for style, I don't wear glasses. Looking myself wearing one already makes me cringe,how about the knowing that other people are also looking at me wearing the thing. It's really a NO!

8. kwriter93

kwriter93Member

Threads:
    I've been wearing glasses since I was 8 years old. It started off with me not being able to see in school (just a light blur) and now at 21 it's so bad that certain details diminish when I'm only a foot away from a point of focus. I remember asking my optometrist when it was going to stop getting worse when I was in my late teens, she told me it would level in my early 20s. I was so afraid that I was going to end up legally blind. I'm not sure of my prescription level in my glasses, but if you're familiar with the prescription levels on contact lenses, I can tell you that prescription level. Both eyes are at -4.75 in contact lenses. My eyes have almost leveled off, last year I didn't change the prescription level, but they have gotten just a wee bit blurrier. My eyes have never gotten better in terms of prescription lenses though, only worse. I wonder if they accidentally assessed your vision wrong at your last appointment.

9. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Pretty much like me kwriter, I started to wear glasses more or less around that time and it was a traumatic process to me. Either cases, I needed them, but somehow my eyesight regenerated so I just use them at the computer now. I also think like you, could they have assessed me wrongly?

10. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I wear glasses all the time, I started wearing them when I was around 6, but since my eyesight wasn't that bad I could do well enough without them, so I got rid of them after two years or so.
    Then as I started to get older my eyesight quickly worsened, so I had to get glasses again when I was around 2 since I was having a hard time recognizing faces in the other side of the room... I wish I had never gotten rid of them when I was younger, I wouldn't have deteriorated so much.

11. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Sometimes that can happen as well Strykstar, we feel that we don't need the glasses when in fact we are deteriorating our eyesight. Unfortunately we never know what can be good to us, sometimes it helps not to wear them, other times it's bad for us.

12. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never worn glasses in my life. My eyes have been very good so far, and I hope that they will stay that way. But my partner, and his entire family, have problems with their eyes. Most of them have to wear their glasses all the time, and every family member has got a weaker right eye. So, it has definitely something to do with genetics in this case. About a year ago I started encouraging my partner to practice special yoga exercises to strengthen his eyes, and due to his regular efforts, he feels that he doesn't need his glasses as much any more as before.

13. Gelsemium

Threads:
    How lucky are you Dora? I would love to see some statistics on people who wear glasses because how many times to we look around us and we see that everyone, but everyone is wearing glasses? All these new media and the ozone layer really damaged our eyesight.