Do you wear out your clothes?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by DancingLady • Oct 27, 2014.

1. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I try not to look too cheap and trashy but I do tend to wear my clothes until they need to be chucked away. Maybe I'll shift the emphasis on an item a bit - e.g. I'll start wearing a shirt at home that I used to wear outside. But there's enough waste in this world as there is without throwing things away that you don't need to.

2. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    When I have a specific piece of clothing that I really like I'll wear it until it either doesn't fit anymore or it isn't good for anything other than being a rag. I particularly bad about shirts. Honestly, I don know if I'm particularly rough on them or not. But l go through them pretty quickly.

3. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do wear our most of my clothes, except for those I don't like wearing, pretty much like everyone else I think? :) One strange things happens with my jeans, I always ruin them between my legs, eventually it's related with the way I walk? Is this happening with anyone else too?

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hehe I do too, especially if I really like them and they're comfortable. -and then I start looking around for something similar, but it's almost always impossible to find them! The ones I don't really like, maybe because of the way they fit; I may give to my sisters or charity. I'm like that with shoes, too. I have a lot of them, but only really use about 2-3 pairs regularly!

5. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    It happened to me too! To be honest, I'm not sure what's up. Sometimes my jeans tear between my legs on one side, one time it tore a bit under my left butt cheek, my favorite one these days tore at the knee... I'm not sure it has so much to do with habits and way of wearing, as it would have to do with maybe the quality of the denim is variable and will get used in some places easier?

6. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Maybe it's the quality of the denim as you say, in my case I suspect is has to be related with the way I walk because it's right between the legs, the place where there is most friction. Annoying though, because the rest of the jeans are perfectly good!

7. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I were my jeans until they've got hole in them! Except the holes always are in the inner thigh area, which sucks, cause the rest of the jeans are fine! I might have to figure out how to repurpose jeans with thigh holes.

8. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I usually wear out my clothes until they are ready to fall apart. If they get stains then I just dye them another color. If they get holes then I bust out a needle and thread and repair them. I do not waste my money when it comes to clothing.

9. rightct

rightctActive Member

Threads:
    My workplace requires some kind of "exquisite" clothing, whereas in my spare time, I wear absolutely everything that comes in my hand. I do have a pair of jeans in my house - which I'm wearing right now - that has been hanging around since 2004, and you'd say it was bought just yesterday. Rarely can you see a pair of jeans these days that can last even 2 months, haha.
    Aside those jeans, no, I don't wear out clothes, because I can't find the ones who will last for more than 2 months. :D

10. TommyVercetti

TommyVercettiActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a tosser and turner in bed by nature so when I was a kid I wore out a lot of shirts, sometimes when I wake up I find my shirt on the floor or torn to shreds. No I'm not werewolf. When I met my wife, then still my girlfriend, I got into the habit of sleeping without a shirt on. She said it dramatically reduced my tossing and turning so kept sleeping that way and have been ever since.