Do you wear sunglasses every day?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Dora M • Jun 15, 2014.

1. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you wear sunglasses every day, and what kind of sunglasses or brands do you prefer? I lived in Australia for a long time and needed to wear sunglasses all the time as the light was too intense for me, especially when driving for long hours in my car. I always made sure that my glasses weren't just coloured plastic but actually protecting me from the daily glare. Do you think expensive brands such as Rayban, etc. are superior in quality?

2. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't wear them at all because I need very thick lenses to see and the cost of havin these done with special sunglass lenses is not worth it for we only get about a week worth of sun in this country. :) If I wear regular sunglasses that you can buy in a department store or a shop then I bump into things. :)

3. samoosh

samooshNew Member

Threads:
    I usually go for a clothing store brand of sunglasses and only wear them when it's really hot outside. I read somewhere that a lot of high street brands were the same quality in UV protection as designer brands. I don't know if there's much truth in this, but I haven't suffered any eye problems in the sunshine yet.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wear sunglasses when it's sunny. I live in Southern California and it's sunny 90% of the time. I wear sunglasses because I don't want to squint and prematurely get wrinkles around my eyes.

I wear prescription sunglasses when I'm driving. I'm nearsided and the sun can be a hazardous for driving.

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Definitely not everyday, only when it's sunny outside. I don't wear sunglasses when it's cloudy!!! Also, I usually only put sunglasses on when I'm driving to work in the morning and the sun is right on my face. Sometimes I'll wear them when I live work if it's still sunny, but it's usually dark already.

6. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    In my country, the sun is hot and very bright during the day. I would have to wear sunglasses everyday to be able to enjoy being outside and also to protect my eyes from the UV light.

For me I don't really care about the brand of the sunglasses. What's important is it does what I want it to do, so having that said I wouldn't pay for one that costs very high.

7. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    I am blue eyed and fair skinned. The sun is very bright for me. So yes, I do. I don't have any set brand. I did find these HD called glasses that wrap around, cool looking. I also found recently a pair of polarized ones from the dollar store. I don't spend a lot on them. At other times I have. I have also worn prescription sunglasses. I don't need glasses anymore. So whatever has good UV protection. I don't think it requires much money for them these days to be good.

8. usengineers

usengineersNew Member

Threads:
    Yes, i wear sunglases when weather is too sunny because my eyes color is light blue and sun effects on my eyes too much.

9. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh, I don't see a need for me to wear sunglasses everyday. I am rarely outside. Most of the time that I wear it is during summer, but on regular working seasons I don't because during this time, most of the time I am just either at home or at school where I don't get to encounter much of the sun and its eye and skin damaging rays. But, yes for those who are exposed to sun for long hours, it's really best to use sunglasses to protect your eyes!

10. Annabell

AnnabellActive Member

Threads:
    Not every day, but yeah if the sun is getting in my eyes, and it's a particularly sunny day I'll grab a pair. I got a good pair from the local optician for a decent price. Cheaper than the proper designer brands, but more expensive than the ones you find for a few quid in stores. It's better to go for these I feel since they're made of sterner stuff, but still aren't overpriced.

11. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I try to wear them every time I'm out in the sun. Of course sunglasses are one of the few things I am fashionable about so they are probably not the best protection but they weren't too expensive either. They provide better protection than Transitions though. I think Transitions suck.

12. ladybug

ladybugMember

Threads:
    I wear sunglasses every time it's bright enough to wear them, which I think is just a great habit to get into in order to protect one's eyes. That is a great question, too, and one that I never thought to ask an optometrist as far as which sunglasses might be better than other's for your eyes. I'm definitely going to remember to ask that question the next time I get my eyes checked! :cool:

13. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I used to wear them all the time, but nowadays I think I've gotten much more used to not having to put them on, which is great because it was kind of a pain to have to lug around another extra item on top of all the other items like devices I have to bring with me all day. As for the quality, I've been able to buy and wear both big brands and cheap ones, and I honestly would probably never be able to tell the difference, although I'm not sure if there are underlying effects I may just not be aware of.

14. davbopol13

davbopol13Active Member

Threads:
    I have never been in the habit of wearing sunglasses and come to find out, that is a good thing! I recently discovered that uv rays are good for eye health. My Father and Mother both have had cataracts and I thought I would also. I read the other day that uv rays are good for your eyes, also eating eggs and vegies is very great for your eyes!

15. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I already wear eyeglasses, so I don't think that I can wear sunglasses even if I wanted to unless it has my personalized eyeglass grade on it. I also have never owned a pair of shades anyway, so that goes to show that I'm not really fond of eye wear in general.

16. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I wear sunglasses all the time, with the exception of night time, and even wear them during the day if/when I'm running errands and it's overcast. I think at this point I have almost trained my eyes with them and if I don't wear them everything seems way too bright. I do buy the more expensive brands because I have found they have better lenses.

17. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    If it's not raining outside and it's daytime I wear sunglasses all the time. The sun is in full power now so there's no reason for me to hurt my eyes. A visit to the optician costs a fortune, not to mention that the damage can be permanent. As for what brand I'm using, nothing fancy. I just buy the cheap kind of sunglasses as long as I know that they do the job properly.

18. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I wear sunglasses when it is sunny. I can't drive without them. I have one eye that squints down really badly in the sunshine. Since I like being able to see, I wear my sunglasses. I don't spend a lot of money on sunglasses though. I usually purchase them at the dollar store for $2-5. Once they break, I will go buy another pair for cheap.

I don't know if there are differences between highly priced, name-brand sunglasses and regular, dollar store brands. That would be a good thing to find out, I guess.

19. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    I wear sunglasses every time I go outside unless its cloudy. Sometimes I still wear sunglasses even then because there is a glare or its still too bright, etc. I have to wear prescription sunglasses and because of several eye conditions I have, I can't get away with not wearing them if I'm going to be in the sun.