Do You Wear What You Like Or What Other People Like... What's "in Style"

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Zyni • Jul 7, 2015.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I was younger, I used to really love big, bold prints. I had this pair of seriously bright yellow and black plaid pants, lol. No one else would be caught dead in them. It was the one piece of clothing I owned that I never had to worry about my friends wanting to borrow, haha. I loved those crazy pants. They were unique.

2. MarriedGirl15

MarriedGirl15Member

Threads:
    I choose my style according to what I like. I don't care what anyone else like or doesn't like. As long as it makes me look good and I feel good in it, I'm going to where it. I believe in being an individual, standing out and not trying to follow what someone else is doing. Styles changes everyday, so instead of trying to keep you; create your own style.

3. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Since I am old fashioned, obviously I would wear what I want. My favorite attire is the slacks or pants and I seldom wear skirts unless it is a grand occasion like weddings. For the office, I always have the blazer to give me a decent and formal look since I am in the executive position.

4. Rzashida

RzashidaActive Member

Threads:
    I practice fashion freedom. I have no concern about what others wear or if they think my clothes are cool. I guess that is the cool part of being 37. Half of the newest and coolest clothes, are items I wore a decade ago. There is nothing new under the sun.

5. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I like to wear classic clothing, tops that will never go out of style. I try not to buy too many in style clothing pieces as I find I'm just getting rid of them the next year. I want clothes that will last. I also try and buy good quality clothing too. I love going to outlet malls and getting a deal/sale on really great pieces, like classic black dress pants or skirt. Those items you always need in your wardrobe. I also love shoes. I have a whole closet of them. I find shoes don't necessarily go out of fashion.

6. Vicenta

VicentaMember

Threads:
    I always buy what I like and always have. I never been a follower when it comes to my clothing. I buy what I like I don't care if its brand name or not if I like the way it looks and like how it fits me than I will get it. I don't understand why anyone would spend bunches of money on clothing that is "in" rather than buying what's comfortable.

7. AutumnFall

AutumnFallMember

Threads:
    Most of the time, I wear what I like and what fits me. I don't really have a specific style but I do wear lots of casual clothing, flats, and jeans. I also wear hoodies and baggy sweatpants but I usually wear that around my house. lol!

I absolutely love fashion and I do follow trends but I never buy or wear them if that makes sense. Some trends are very nice to look at, while others are just awful excuses of fabric. There are times where I do get inspiration from what a celebrity is wearing, but most of the time I wear what I want.

8. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'd rather go naked then wear what everyone else is wearing. What's the point? What's everyone's problem with being unique or even slightly different? lol..

9. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I definitely wear what I want and what I feel looks good and comfortable on me! I don't mind what other people like. If they like what I'm wearing, great! If they don't, it's not my problem. I think you'll always need to be OK with yourself first and then you can try to please other people. But pleasing other people needs to come before pleasing yourself.
    Just today I went with a blouse to work that my friend joked it looked like her grandmother's. Well, I don't care it looks like her grandmother's I thought it was classy and cute and I will definitely wear it again!!!

10. joshc428

joshc428Active Member

Threads:
    I wear what I like. I don't wanna come off as a carbon copy of someone else's style. I'm confident in what I wear. Sometimes it's inspired by current trends, but I'll often wear my own thing.