Do you work from home?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by thelovelyone0 • Sep 5, 2013.

1. jcairns82

jcairns82Member

Threads:
    Recently, I've negotiated a contract to work at home in my current job. I had to take a reduced amount of hours, but it's worth it for the flexible. Plus, I'm saving a lot of money on gas, car maintenance, plus the hour long commute.

2. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I have tried to find some work from home jobs but it's really hard. I would love to work from home I haven't lost hope I am still looking but I am hoping to work from home one day soon and would love to do it for long term.

3. Treadlight

TreadlightMember

Threads:
    My part time income is from home, but the main money comes from driving. I have a laptop with a mobile connection I can take anywhere, so sometimes at rest areas I do more "home" work. I usually put in 14 hour days so the only time I really have off is on the weekends. I'm doing what I love to though, so it doesn't really seem like work.

4. Rzashida

RzashidaActive Member

Threads:
    I am trying to find a serious job that I can answer phones from home or do data entry. I have been doing gigs on fiverr but I haven't become a thousand-aire like everyone else yet. lol. By the way the Virtual Employment Agency looks great!:cool:

5. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    I used to do customer service work every day for at least 5 hours from home but now that I have a son I can't really do a phone job like that because of the background noise. But, right now I am doing a writing gig which I can usually make about 200 bucks a week working around 10 hrs. It ends up being decent money but with all the bills I have now I still sometimes need help getting caught up so I do some other stuff on the side like Ebay work.

6. tspires2

tspires2Member

Threads:
    I am new to working from home. So far I am really enjoying it! I could see this move to a long term plan. Right now just testing the waters and seeing what is available and works for me. Love the freedom and enjoy the work! What more could you ask for!

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I worked outside the home, I had to pay for nice office clothes, dry cleaning, lunch, transportation, etc. and I had to pay a relative to watch my daughter. Many people also have to pay high gasoline costs to get to work and spend 2 hours commuting. In some cases, it makes sense to work from home if you can find a gig or start an online business.

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know, right? I see people in some forums report huge incomes and I don't understand how they're doing it when so many online jobs pay pennies per task.

9. astockd1

astockd1Member

Threads:
    I used to work a cleaning job M-F evenings, but now I'm doing little jobs online to make money. My main one is microworkers, where I'm getting about $100 a month... I'm planning to move soon, so I need to be making a lot more than that. I intend to get a regular part-time job while I'm in graduate school, though. Online work isn't reliable enough for me! I would LOVE a steady work from home job, though.

10. margarito

margaritoMember

Threads:
    I actually don't but I love working from home. I'm actually engaged with lots and lots of offline work and I don't find time to earn online. Online earning used to be my passion and is still the same. I wanted to do it but I don't have a perfect foundation or basement for this. I wanted to develop in this area but the only thing that is pulling me back is the time. I'm not finding enough time for this. Any tips in improving my online earnings are warmly accepted and I would be very thankful to you for the same.

11. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    I work for a telecommunication company where I answer the phone and take orders for all kinds of TV commercials. It is minimum wage, and it's really hard to work when the kids are home. It's okay, but I am starting to get tired of it. I have to much background noise, it never fails when the phone rings, one of my dogs start barking and our house is so small that I can hear her from any room in the house. Plus, my ears are starting to ring for hours after I work only an hour shift. I really need to find something else.

12. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    I don't work from home, but I do earn money now and then online to buy whatever I want. How long it takes depends on how expensive the item. Like some of the others here, I also use eBay to supplement my wallet. However, I don't buy and sell stuff, I only sell unwanted new items and gifts from others I don't want. I get a lot of those. ;)

It's surprising how much money you can make from just selling unwanted household items on there. The lighter the better, of course.

I don't sell items that cost less than the postage, either. What's the point. Nobody wants those! :D

#32Mar 21, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  13. PhilA

PhilAMember

Threads:
    That's a cliff hanger. Want to elaborate what is it that you are doing? If it is any super secret stuff that you don't' want people copying (PM it to me, kidding) I understand.

I am chasing the lifestyle of working from home, every-time I get the opportunity to be home all day I feel all my worries and problems lift away! I guess most of my stress is being in an office all day, it can be really mentally tough to deal with!

14. Mochaisis

MochaisisNew Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately, I don't at this time. I just do a bit of writing online right now in my spare time to make a bit of extra money to pay my bills. I would love to work from home, though. Right now, I'm working in a call center on the computer and the phone, and this would be an absolutely perfect work-from-home job, but the owner refuses to allow it. Right now I am actually looking for opportunities that would allow me to work from home at least half of the time, so that I can go to school as well.

#34Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  15. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    I currently hold down an 8-4 Mon.-Fri . job and I work about 2 hours a day in the evenings once I get off, and work about 6-12 on the weekends. I micro-task, writing, & affiliate marketing & I'm bringing in around 200-600 a month as supplementary income. I could never count on doing this full-time. It's just way to repetitive & boring. I would go crazy spending countless hours online. However, I know people that have had success with working from home, so if that's your aspiration, then go for it.

16. CraftsAndLooms

CraftsAndLoomsMember

Threads:
    If you have a good project in hand and if you love your work then you will be comfortable working from home.

17. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I currently work from home, and I intend to be successful in the various endeavors that I plan to do that center in passive income. I noticed that most online work don't really earn much to the point that you can stop working in real life, so I would focus on earning "manually" offline and focusing on passive earning offline.

18. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do surveys GPT and things like that. I don't know if that's classified as working from home. I can't find anything better and I've given up all hope so I don't know why I bother looking anymore.