Does Any One Know How To Retrieve A Deleted Photo From A Smartphone?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by MrsJones • May 19, 2015.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I took the neatest photo and accidentally deleted it from my smartphone (android). The phone is new to me and I'm hoping that I will be able to retrieve it. I didn't have a memory card in my phone. I'm hoping that someone will know of an app for this.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ooops! It would have been a lot easier to recover the photos if they were on an SD card. Anyway, all hope is not lost. There's data recovery software which can retrieve the deleted photos. Having never used it, I don't if it actually does what they claim it's good at.

You can always take a look anyway and find out for yourself.

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, you're out of luck if the photo has been fully deleted from the device. An app isn't going to be able to recover something that's no longer there. Did you have Google backup enabled? If that's the case, then you could be able to restore the photo from your Google Account online, depending upon what your backup settings are.

4. rightct

rightctActive Member

Threads:
    There's a program for PC called Recuva which can instantly recover you any deleted file if it's been erased in the past 4 hours. You may still have a chance but I don't know what to say. I can't guarantee you anything.

To recover it, you simply need to install recuva from their official website, connect your smartphone to your PC and from there on things are quite straightforward, as the program will lead you to the necessary steps which need to be accomplished.
    Cheers! :)

5. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I did check this out it's a free trial to see if the photo is still there but you have to buy the software to save the photo, if it is still there. I'll pass on this one. Thank you for the info..

I finally found where the backup feature is and it wasn't enabled. So my photo is gone forever:(. I've enabled it so I won't have this happen to me again. Thanks for your help troutski.

#5May 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2015
  6. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I plug it in to my PC and I use a recovery software on my PC but click on the phone as a drive. It has worked in the past, but I think it depends on your phone and if your phone can come up on your computer. I am glad to hear that you were able to recover your files.

7. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    @steph84@steph84 actually I haven't but I am going to try the method you have used. Thanks.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have an older but full version of EASEUS Data Recovery Software, but the download link is bookmarked on my PC, so I will post the link when I get on the pc, since I'm just using my phone now. I hope it works for you.

9. wchaa

wchaaNew Member

Threads:
    You can still recover lost photos from your phone before they were covered by new data, and you can use a third party app to help.