Does Anyone Accept Expired Coupons These Days?

Discussion in Coupons started by Diane Lane • Jan 23, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always seem to be coming across expired coupons that are really good deals when I clean out my purse, so I wondered if y'all know of any particular stores that accept expired coupons? I'm not sure how it works, whether they can still get some money from manufacturers if the coupons are expired prior to being accepted or not, so if anyone knows how that works, I'd be interested to hear that end of it, too, so I understand the process better.

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that would probably be an individual decision of retailers, but I have noticed when I have taken my expired restaurant coupons to restaurants, they will frequently honor them. I am not sure about online retailers. I think it would be a hit or miss thing as far as various retailers are concerned. It is always worth a try!

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've only ever seen it happen in CVS and that's because it's their own coupons and we were regulars in the local branch. They knew us well, and they would manually put in the coupon, as these days the barcode won't scan if it has expired.

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I never heard of this, but I've found out about military people who can use expired coupons. Here are 2 sites I found about them. Or you could ask your search engine for more information.

5. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks, y'all, for the helpful information. @Theo@Theo I wasn't even thinking about the bar codes, I'd forgotten coupons have them. Can you tell I haven't been a cashier in years?

@Ke Gordon@Ke Gordon I hadn't even thought about the restaurant coupons. Do you mean ones like from the Entertainment books, or others, such as on the back of the grocery store register receipts? The latter are the kind I tend to come across, although occasionally I will receive some in the mail.

@Krissttina Isobe@Krissttina Isobe I have heard that sometimes military can use expired coupons, but I didn't know why. I guess the BX/PX and commissaries accept them, although I wasn't aware of that. We used to shop on base back when my Dad was alive, but my Mom doesn't go there much these days. It's good to know they can use them, thanks.