Does Anyone Avoid Coupons?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Lucian • Jul 4, 2012.

1. Lucian

LucianNew Member

Threads:
    I personally avoid coupons and use it rarely. The reason is that you have to bound by these offers and purchase things accordingly. Also you are always tension free when you dont think about discount and willing to buy on available prices.

2. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really avoid coupons. When there is a chance that I could claim coupons, I would get it but then I wouldn't use it. I just don;t know why? Maybe I just don't like the idea of paying with papers instead of cold cash. :D That's why I also do issue checks.

3. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    No, I do not avoid coupons. I welcome them, but I have only used a coupon once or twice. I tend to buy what I want and if there is a coupon available...good and well but if there is not one available that is fine too. I do belong to Groupon though...and I am hoping to make use of one of their awesome offers soon soon!

4. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I love coupons! They can really save you if you use them right. The best coupons are the ones we find for free! I am searching for some specific coupons right now! Ice Cream. We are doing a fundraiser today for Haiti and selling ice cream. So the cheapest I can find the better!

5. siriusboi

siriusboiMember

Threads:
    I get coupons whenever I can but just use it when it's advantageous for me. Coupons are just like incentives for me. I use them whenever it is necessary. I don't go forcing my way into buying something just to use a coupon. Hey, everybody loves discounts! :)

6. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I don't avoid coupons, but I don't go crazy with them either. I do use them on items I need or really want to buy and I also use store coupons because I get good store coupons for up to $7 off my shopping trip. But no I don't buy something just because I have a coupon.

7. KNH

KNHActive Member

Threads:
    I like coupons and love the idea - people can save so much money! However, I usually forget that I have them with me. Also, it is so irritating when I am behind someone in line who has like 3894723897 coupons and I have to wait forever for the cashier to get them all scanned.

8. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't used a coupon in my life. Most of them aren't something I would buy, so I do avoid them. I would rather look for a sale on something, than clip some coupons. It takes a lot of math to figure out the total you will be spending, and I just don't want to figure all that out. When I shop for groceries I just buy what I can afford and I don't try to stock up stuff I don't use.

9. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    I get all of my coupons from

, they allow you to redeem as many as you want. You can save a lot when shopping throught them too and they pay up to $5 per survey you complete on the site. Signing up is free.

10. cluckis

cluckisBanned

Threads:
    I dont avoid coupons at all. Coupons are the best thing, seeing as you can get a discount, or maybe something for free, just by trading in a piece of paper, or whatever.

I personally love the BOGO coupons, as they let you get 2, and maybe sell the second one you got for free = profit!

11. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    It depends for me. I won't use individual coupons for grocery items, I think that's really annoying to do. However, sometimes the grocery store will send $5 or $10 off of a certain amount. I use these because you can pick whatever you want. I have also used coupons on beauty and cosmetics items in the store or for online purchases.

12. leyash

leyashActive Member

Threads:
    I don't avoid them, but I most certainly don't really try to use them, most of the time.

13. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to avoid coupons because I assumed they were for items or brands that I don't buy. Now, I can find coupons for my favorite products and it helps to lower my costs. It's a win-win.

14. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I never use them unless it's like a fast food place. Mickey D's, Subway, White Castle, KFC, Popeyes, etc. Their coupons save you a lot of money. But at the Supermarket? No I never use Supermarket coupons. I have gotten IOU's from the supermarket though. Where I go to purchase an item on sale, and they're out of stock. So they tell me to come back with an IOU they give me to get the item upon restock.

15. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Nope! I don't avoid them.

Yes, you have to buy them accordingly, but that doesn't mean you are bound to buy every single product that has a coupon. If I can cut my bill in half, though, I'm happy to save that much money by playing along with a few rules.

16. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I agree coupons also have a bunch of rules and restrictions you have to read the fine print. I think it's great that people are pros at saving money, but do you really need 50 bottles of shampoo? There's a fine line between getting a deal and hoarding.

17. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    Fine print is a beyotch sometimes. I remember when I went to the store once and saw a sign posted that said 2-liter sodas 5 for 5 dollars. I ran in and grabbed/picked up 2 brisk teas, 2 hawaiin punches, and one mountain dew. But then the lady at the register told me that the sale only applies IF you purchase 20$ worth of groceries first. It was written in small print underneath the 5 for $5 part of the sign. So I said, screw it. I grabbed a basket and just scooped up $20 worth of groceries.:eek:

18. professionaltightwad

professionaltightwadMember

Threads:
    For many of you in this thread, why are you even on this board if you think coupons are a waste of time? Especially the couple of you that said you just buy what you want. I don't understand why you're on a board like this if money doesn't matter to you.

I use coupons constantly. Do I buy a product ONLY because I have a coupon? No, because that's not smart. But I do match up coupons to sale prices every week and routinely save half off my grocery bill. I also stockpile to a degree so if there is a bad income week, I don't have to worry as I always have enough food in the house so that all I need to buy is milk, fresh veggies and bread.