Does Anyone Ever Buy Music?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by suegiplaye • Jul 20, 2015.

1. MLNewkirk

MLNewkirkNew Member

Threads:
    I still buy CDs but only if I know that I will like every song on the album. I listen mostly to classical music so I often sought out my favorite composers and musicians. I like listening to CDs in my car so that I wouldn't have to listen to any of the advertisements as well. However, when it comes to today's music or jazz I usually end up downloading them onto my computer and then copying them onto a CD.

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Don't feel bad for the artists unless they're starving.. not even when they're weeping into their diamond encrusted, made by tiny children in a fire trap, seal skin, kitten fur lined bags. I don't buy music at all anymore. I did my time; I contributed in a HUGE way my entire life.. music WAS my life. I have thousands of CDs, records, tapes.. even 8 tracks (though admittedly, those were my mother's lol). There will always be people contributing.. there will always be people who need a leader and will dish out all their dough to catch a glimps of them or buy every little thing they sell. They'll be just fine.. unfortunately our world revolves around them.

3. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I rarely buy music. Once in a while I will buy a CD if there is something i really want to hear. I don't use itunes or Apple much. I don't have unlimited bandwidth, so I have to limit how many sites I go on like that, and there is not that much music I want to hear on a constant basis.

4. joshc428

joshc428Active Member

Threads:
    From what I've heard, the artists often make little off of purchased digital downloads. Most of the music goes to the producer. Most big artists brush it off because they make plenty off of album sales, concerts, merchandise, endorsements, etc. However, when it's an small, independent artist trying to raise money and establish a public image, I try to buy their music because I know that they don't have many other money making options.

5. serbog

serbogMember

Threads:
    Yes, I sometimes buy albums of my favorite bands, but that rarely happens. I like to support my favorite bands for what they are doing, but I would prefer to watch a concert instead. My parents have this big collection of music, but now it's more of a decoration than something else. I don't think buying music is now really worth it now, except if you are making a big music library at your home which is awesome. But buying digital music now is just not worth it. If you want to support your favorite artist or band, then go to his concert, you will enjoy yourself a lot more.

6. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Before now, I was in the habit of buying music once I hear it from others and I really like it. Fortunately and unfortunately the trend have change these days I find out most of the music I'd like to buy are now scattered on Youtube and other social media sites. One thing this has been quite helpful for those who are abroad from their native countries as they are able to access local music with ease online.

7. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    There was a time when I used to buy cassettes.When the cassettes became a passe and CDs were out. I began buying CDs. However, with the digital revolution in the movie and music,I stopped buying music. These days, I get musics either from free downloadable music sites or from friends.

8. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    In early 80s and late 90s, I had a great collections of my favorite songs and music of my favorite solo, group of singers and band. I played those songs in my tape recorder player and to my CD players later. And when the Internet became a fad in the later time, I played my fave music from the YouTube, Jango, and other music and radio from online sites.

9. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I personally don't buy any music hiwever, I do borrow and lend CDs among friends or relatives.

Alternatively, I download the songs that are my favourite either on my cell or on a USB to listen to them in car or at home.

10. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    It has actually been a while since I have downloaded music. I think I pretty much have all the music I want and need in my Ipod already since todays music is not really appealing to me. If I happen to like a new song I much rather listen to it on YouTube and if I really like it to listen to it on the go then I will download it.

11. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    It has been a very very long time since I have actually paid for my own music. I did buy a giftcard for someone not too long ago to iTunes, so I guess that kind of counts. It is kind of interesting how that has changed over the years.

12. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If I had money I'd buy music. I like certain artists and can listen to them all day long. I listen to radio or go to youtube for music. Youtube is fine for custom listening, but not so the radio. You do get the news and updates of the day locally, but no choice of the music. I got some music for Christmas and liked it. Local artists of Hawaii isn't nationwide and I do like our local music, but don't get it on the radio unless I go to KCCN.

13. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    Well I haven't bought any CD lately since for me there aren't any albums worth buying anymore. Well I do listen to 80s rock bands who do not release albums anymore. Most artists today are just being hyped and do not have the skills just like past artists. Maybe I'm too harsh for saying this but it's just my opinion.

14. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    If I like an entire album and the artist, I usually buy the CD but if I don't, then I just listen to the songs on YouTube because if I only like one or two of them, there's no point in purchasing. I never purchase online music, though. I don't feel bad for any singers because most of them are millionaires and couldn't care less about us or the poor people while they spend millions on ridiculous things.

15. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I don't buy music again, in fact I do not listen to much music these days owing to time. A lot of my time is spent doing work offline and coming online for other tasks. That said, the few times I listen to music I just do that online as virtually all the music I want are all up there online these days.

16. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    Its been a long time since I bought any music CD. I listen to them online and if possible download them and store it in my phone. But I know that there are some people who still like to buy music CDs etc.

17. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I don't buy music cause I can get most of it on YouTube and my low income discourages me from getting into the hobby of buying music. Also, I can get free music on the car radio, assuming it's working, and it's available on satellite TV. However, note, lately certain artists like the Beatles are off YouTube. Actually, though, I cannot really blame the record companies from taking them off. Can you?

18. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I still use to buy music, but... I only spend my money buying some music when I'm really fan of any artist or band (after all, it's fundamental to support those ones you like).

If it's something experimental, I prefer to listen to first on another platform and decide whether or not it's worth buying later. :rolleyes:

19. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Me neither. Yes there surely are tons of music online, not just in YouTube, that we can listen to for free. So I think most people, if not all don't buy music anymore. Well I used to have a subscription with Spotify a few years ago but now I don't use it anymore. I can listen to my favorite songs, just need to stream them online or download it which is more convenient :)

20. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Virtually every music I want is up there in Youtube, the good thing some local music I can hardly get to buy when I travel out of my city I am able to tap them from Youtube. The fact is these days I find that I only buy music that's being advertised on the TV but not yet uploaded on Youtube. This development sure may not augur well with many music makers.