Does Anyone Have A Preferred Salt?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by JoanMcWench • Mar 3, 2015.

1. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I know this seems like a crazy question but I know some people that swear by certain styles & (even) brands of salt. So, I ask do YOU preferred brand or style & if so what type of cuisine do you normally cook?

2. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I might sound like a snob but I prefer kosher salt, it's really different from regular salt in cooking, and apparently it's healthier as well.

3. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always buy the sea salt to use in a mill. I do think it tastes different to regular salt and use it both as an ingredient in dishes and as a condiment too.

4. IcyFirefly

IcyFireflyActive Member

Threads:
    I used mainly coarse sea salt for cooking, but now prefer Himalayas pink salt for table salt. From reading the health benefits of Himalayas pink salt, I am giving it a try for now but don't pay too much attention to the result of it yet. I am an easy target for believing what I read, which is bad, but when it comes to health benefits of any kind, I am there. You may find this article interesting:

5. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    Although I'm sure that I would enjoy a much better quality of salt, I usually always buy the cheapest salt that I can find, as long as it has iodine in it. I sometimes prefer a coarser type of salt than the cheap salt tends to be. I sometimes buy McCormick sea-salt that has its own grinder on the top of the bottle.