Does anyone have Paypal Rewards MasterCard or Paypal SmartConnect?

Discussion in Credit Cards started by missnc35 • Jan 19, 2013.

1. missnc35

missnc35Member

Threads:
    I want to know if anyone uses Paypal Rewards MC or SmartConnect. If so, how hard was it to get approved? My credit rating is not too great, but I have heard some people get approved with a poor to fair credit rating. If anyone has any info, let me know!

2. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only way to find out is to sign up for a Paypal account. I'm not totally sure if your bad credit rating will prevent approval but I don't think it will. You don't need to provide your bank details for a Paypal account, they are separate entities.

3. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think you will have a problem getting Paypal, I have paypal and My credit is not good at all. You should sign up for paypal, it is easy to use and very trustworthy, I love it.

4. APluckeyduck

APluckeyduckMember

Threads:
    I have PayPal with SmartConnect, which I've had for a long time. I got it when I was selling a lot on EBay and always had a PayPal balance. Its a small credit line, but its easier to transfer payment from PayPal. I also have their debit card, which has a 1% cashback on purchases. I can't say if my eBay activity or my credit got me approved.

5. Gussie

GussieMember

Threads:
    I have Paypal's old MasterCard. I got it to get fast access to my Paypal account funds - but it works like a debit card. If you don't have the funds in the account, it declines. It doesn't actually offer you credit. They offer a new service, "bill me later", that is a line of credit.

It does pay percentage rewards each month, though, based on how much you 'charge' on it.

6. srinivas0812

srinivas0812Member

Threads:
    I do not think bad credit rating affects your approval. And the most important thing is that it is not a credit card, it functions as a Debit card only and I find no reason to use it. Hence, never bothered to get one. If you are trying to get one, just go for it and do not worry about your credit rating.

7. sbatz72

sbatz72Member

Threads:
    I have a debit card for my PayPal account. I do not have to wait for PayPal to send my funds to the bank. I just use my debit card to make purchases. I have a not so great credit score either and have tried to get approved for Bill Me Later and the PayPal MasterCard. I did not get approved for either. I do not know the reasons behind my denial. I have not tried in awhile though.

8. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I do not....I hadn't even hear of them before, honestly.

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a Paypal Mastercard debit card that offers a small monthly cash back reward and my credit wasn't great when I applied for it. It can't hurt to apply.

10. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I have the paypal mastercard that works like a debit/credit card too. You must have the funds in your account or it will be declined, like a prepaid debit card. You should be able to get it with fair credit because they're not actually extending you any type of loan...it just gives you card access to your paypal funds. I like it because it gives me cash back for purchases.

They also have a mastercard that is an actual line of credit-- (confusing, I know) you may need a higher score to get that one.

11. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    For the pre-paid debit card, they don't deny anyone the card, as long as you have a valid paypal account. And it works exactly like any other debit card; you just have to have the funds in your acc to cover your expenses. It's worked great for me and I love having the instant transfer ability between my paypall account and the debit card.

For the credit card, as I looked into getting one as well but have held off for the time being, you need to have better credit when applying or they won't let you get the card. I might look around for better rates on the card from different banks.

12. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a Visa paypal card. At least I think that it is a Visa. I am not quite sure that it is a master card, although it may be that too. It lives in my drawer. I don't use it because I have long since stopped leaving money in my Paypal account, because when I do the amount will either dwindle or decrease according to the currency conversion rates. So whenever I get money in there, I transfer it to my bank account, and withdraw it via my credit card.