Does Anyone Here Have A Subaru And Love It?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by lookatalthea • Nov 14, 2015.

1. lookatalthea

lookataltheaMember

Threads:
    I just got a Subaru and I love it so much! It was a little more than I really wanted to pay for a car, but it was so worth it. My Subaru is a WRX, so it has a turbo. I had no idea how much I would love a turbo. Also, Subaru is known for being great in all kinds of weather, which is perfect for me. I live in New England, which can get very sloppy in the winter. I have a winter package on my car which comes with heated seats, mirrors, and windshield wipers. I'm always cold so anything to warm up a little bit is well worth it for me! I didn't buy it new. I bought it used, but it only had a few thousand miles on it, and it still smelled like new car. It had been kept in a garage and never even saw the snow for two years. I consider myself very lucky to have found it and I love my Subie! :) Does anyone else have a Subaru that they love?

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have often thought of purchasing a Subaru because they are good on gas and very good for the bad weather during the winter
    we get on the east coast. The Subaru is on my list of cars to consider now that I will be purchasing a car soon. I will also purchase previously owned vehicle. It does sound like you got a good deal and you are very happy with your purchase. Congrats!

3. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    My younger sister has a Subaru and loves it. We get a good amount of snow and she said she's never felt safer in a car then she does in her Subaru. It also keeps running even though it's getting high in miles. She rarely has issues with it and other then maintance hasn't put much work into it.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My mom has a Subaru, and she loves it. She has a Forester. She and my dad had a Crown Victoria before that, and she hated how big the Vic was. She has had to take it into the shop a lot for recalls, but still sticks by it, and just told me again the other day how much she loves it.

5. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I've had my eye on a Subaru Forrester. A lot of people drive them where I live, they're pretty popular around here for some reason. I really like the overall design of them, since they're not bulky and bloated like most SUV's are - but I've heard they also have a lot of interior space and are quite roomy. A lot of the SUV's these days look like boats imo and have bloated and bulky looking exteriors, despite not necessarily being that roomy on the inside.

I'm not sure if the Forrester would technically be considered an SUV - perhaps somewhere between a station wagon and an SUV. I do wish they were a wee bit higher off the ground though for better visibility when driving.

Are they good on gas? I always thought 4 wheel drives used up more gas.

6. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'll try to remember to ask my mom about the gas. I'm sure that's something she looked into before purchasing it, so I would assume it at least gets decent, if not really good gas mileage. I would like my next vehicle to be higher, as well. For height/vision as you mentioned, and also because almost everyone here drives trucks or SUVs, so being in a low car, I'm at a disadvantage, because many seem to feel if they're in a larger/bigger/taller vehicle, they can bully the others. Also, so I can see over the bridge when I go shopping. I love being able to see the water, and the railings are so high I don't get much of a view. Most of my driving these days is over bridges, and I don't like not being able to see the beautiful bay or lake.