Does Anyone Here Use Henna As Hair Dye?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Missfireflower • May 29, 2015.

1. Missfireflower

MissfireflowerNew Member

Threads:
    I'm really looking into using henna for hair dye, but I'm really scared about the permanence of it. It doesn't wash out at all! That can be a good thing too, as I want to go for a drastic red:cool:

I know that because my hair is already a dark brown that I might not get the great results that I want, but if I even got close to the color I'm looking for It would be amazing. Red is known for washing out quickly, so I wouldn't have that issue with henna.

Has anyone used henna? What brands do you recommend?

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You can get semi-permanent henna. It will intensify the color of your hair and give it a nice shine. You can also use it to lighten your hair. The good thing about henna is that it colors your hair in a natural way. You don't have to worry about any nasty chemical reactions. Make sure to read the instructions carefully. Try not to leave the henna in your hair for the full amount of time recommended if it is your first time. You can use a strand of hair and test the color on it first for better results. Also, it's a good idea to put a bit of henna behind your ear and see if you have any kind of adverse reactions after 24 hours.

3. karebear07

karebear07New Member

Threads:
    Hey, I know that a lot of women in India use Henna for Hair dye. It gives you a reddish color. Check out Lush.Com they have a henna based hair dye also I think they have more than one color. You can read the reviews and check out what people are saying! I personally have not used it but being Indian a lot of my older relatives use it and it actually looks really pretty on them!

4. keytcee

keytceeMember

Threads:
    I've asked some sales ladies about henna since I've been seeing quite a lot in malls and they say it's quite safe and even if henna is permanent, red will still wash out quickly. I haven't tried using henna yet but a lot of people say it's nice so I might just try it some day. Just remember to read the instructions carefully and try it out on your skin first. You'll never know if you're allergic to it. Good luck!

5. bonzer

bonzerActive Member

Threads:
    I use henna not for a hair-dye but for cooling the scalp and petrifying hair roots. Henna is healthy and is a herbal remedy for falling hair, dandruff and split ends. I apply it for a couple of hours, before washing it off.

6. azeemah kaleem

azeemah kaleemMember

Threads:
    Years ago, I use to use pure henna on my hair for dying, and conditioning. There was a website that sold it for a reasonable price, but I can not remember the name of it. I would get the product which was pure henna without nothing added. Someone in the past had told me that was the best type to get. I will search the internet to try to find the retailer I use to buy from. If I am successful, I will post the information.