Does anyone know of a very effective detangling shampoo??

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Winnie • Jan 12, 2015.

1. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I know that conditioner is needed to make hair nice and smooth, but I'm looking for a really good detangling shampoo, something that really works.
    I want a shampoo that will start the smoothing process on the hair even before any conditioner is applied. Some shampoos, when you use them they seem to make the hair become tangled and sometimes even almost "matted."
    The hair texture that I would be using it on is hair that is straight but has somewhat tight curls at the same time.

2. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know of any 'good' detangling' shampoos or conditioners. May experience has been the creamier the better with both. I prefer the stay in conditioner which has made it easy to comb through my hair before I blow dry it. It might help others to know what you have already tried.

3. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I believe one of the best shampoos that are available right now are loreal. They do an awesome job of keeping your hair smooth and clean. I am not exactly sure about the detangling part. I think it is best to try out a few shampoos and then come up with a good decision.

4. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    I have long hair and I simply use any shampoo that isn't to abrasive and soapy. Whenever I do have tangled or curly hair, shampoo alone will only help to untangle the looser knots and twists in my hair, but I require conditioner to make it truly smooth. From experience, no shampoo is going to untangle one's hair automatically, you still have to use your fingers or a comb.

5. Epicfied

EpicfiedMember

Threads:
    This isn't going to be exactly what you're looking for, but it's definitely worth trying.

Brush your hair out. Get some coconut oil and warm it in your hands. Run the coconut oil through your hair.
    I would suggest avoiding your roots. Let it set for a while, about five to ten minutes.
    Go ahead and get in the shower, rinse your hair. Wash and condition like normal.

I used to do this about once a week and it keeps your hair really healthy, soft, and usually left it staying untangled longer.

6. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    It really depends on the genetic makeup of the individual. For some a particular shampoo will work, and for some that particular shampoo will not. It's a matter of finding the one that really works for you. But it's not like you're going to start from scratch, because it's indicated in the ads of the shampoo for which they are for. There are some that are formulated already for frizzy hair. So, it's also a matter of getting to know your hair really well. However, there's no guarantee again that it'd work. Keep trying and until you find the right one which you'd stick to. For my general suggestion, from my experience, use an apple cider vinegar, Bragg's I do use. It makes my hair soft and so it's makes it easier for my hair to get fixed and be at the place where they should be.

7. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Detangling shampoos are advertising bluffs, no shampoo can detangle hair, but those with oils will keep the strands more apart. I use Neutrogena as a good cleanse shampoo as ones that are too rich tend to feel too heavy, thus may feel matted. The best thing to do is only massage the scalp and then the hair in sections to stop any tangling while you wash your hair.

8. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I used to use Creme of Nature, but they stopped making the shampoo that I used to regularly buy. Someone told me that they still make it, but I have yet to see any. Currently I use VO5 shampoo and conditioner because it's cheap. I'll sometimes use Nexxus conditioner, but it is really expensive. I just went online and I see that there are still some Creme of Nature products out there that might work, so maybe I'll give them a try. I had forgot/forgotten all about it until reading your post made me think back to what products I used to use.