Does anyone make there own clothes anymore?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by amynichole318 • Mar 9, 2014.

1. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    I have recently found a very simple pattern for pajama pants and I found that they are really easy to make and you can make them as simple or fancy as you want to. I made one pair, they were to tight so I know to make the legs a bit bigger next time. I have Totes full of Fabric that I have been given and making comfortable pants for my family, only take maybe half hour worth of work for basic pants, would save a little bit of money.

I know my mother used to make dresses for me when I was very small and she made clothes for my barbies, but she never made anything super fancy, but she as really good at it. Does anyone make there own clothes or clothes for others anymore? If you do, is it worth the time or just easier to buy clothes.

2. margarito

margaritoMember

Threads:
    Good one :) I don't have enough knowledge to start making my own clothes but, I can manage the designing and its assembling part. I still need to undergo few practices before I start doing it finally. I'm in a beginner stage and just prepared a denim bag from my old jeans which is no longer in use. It's a big pain doing them but once you start enjoying it that would be the best time pass ever.