Does anyone miss the old floppy disks?

Discussion in Office Supplies started by andrew320 • Sep 19, 2012.

1. nick87

nick87Active Member

Threads:
    You can get a 2 gig flash drive for about 10 bucks these days, compared to spending 10 bucks 20 years ago on a 256 mb floppy disk. My ipod is about the size of a floppy disk with so much more storage.

2. Traveller

TravellerMember

Threads:
    Though it has helped us many way back then but now due to the availability of pen drives and portable hard drives I think no body miss them

3. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    You know, now that you mention it, there was something about those times when things were slower. I like speed and lots of storage space, but simplicity has its advantages. I don't know if I miss the old floppy discs, but I sure miss the times when floppies were king! It was a very different world back then. I do remember having an IBM PCjr with 2 (count them again! TWO) 5.25 floppy drives, no hard drive, and a whopping 256KB of on-cartridge RAM! I was a bad-ass, and I knew it.

4. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    No I don't. I miss the memories, takes me back to old days in school working on projects and presentations. But I don't miss using them at all. I always got my floppy disk stuck in the computer.

5. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    This was a great topic to come across. When I was cleaning up my office and had some old school supplies I came across a case full of my Floppy Disk. I have to say I liked the fact that they came in so many different colors, but as someone else said they didn't hold as much. They were very inexpensive, but I have to say, its bittersweet for me. I do miss them because I had so many to use and I wish I knew what were on the ones I had, however, I am thankful for the USB's too. Guess its all apart of advancement.