Does Anyone Shop The After Christmas Sale?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by bigsumm22 • Nov 12, 2015.

1. bigsumm22

bigsumm22New Member

Threads:
    I've only done it once before and it wasn't too bad but I felt as if we didn't find any fantastic deals. I have tried Black Friday and I refuse to do that again, I just don't have the patience for it. However, I figured this would be a great alternative but wanted to know if I'm missing something. Is there certain stores that offer steeper discounts the day after Christmas rather than others? I have heard of some people just waiting until the day after Christmas to do all their Christmas shopping to get the better deals and then celebrating Christmas a few days after the actual holiday. I don't know if that's me, I think I'm just looking at the best way to get the most out of those gift cards you get for Christmas. So what do you say, do you feel like its worth it to fight the crowd the day after Christmas?

2. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    On the few occasions I've been out then I've never really found anything that was worth getting. The discounts weren't very high at all I found. Maybe 5% off, that was about all. Maybe I just didn't go to the right stores of course but it just didn't seem like it was worth it to me.

Having said that, if you want to pick up things like wrapping paper cheaply, then I'd say it's possible to get that sort of thing. I've seen that at 75% off before. But gifts didn't seem like they were worth it for me.

3. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    The stores start pushing holiday gift items so early, it seems to me that most of the holiday items are picked over by the day after Christmas. It seems like there are hardly any items left the day after Christmas at most stores in my area. For this reason, I usually do not make a special trip out shopping on the day after Christmas, aka Boxing Day. I usually do most of my Christmas shopping before and during Black Friday sales, it seems like there is the most to pick from this way.

4. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am quite confused with this thread because I don't remember exactly what I had bought but I'm sure I sometimes do an after Christmas shopping. It was long ago when my husband and I went to downtown Manila on the first week of January when the Christmas decorations were being removed and leftover goods were on sale. But what we bought then was chestnuts and fruits like pears and apples. Definitely after Christmas shopping is an advantage for thrifty shoppers like us.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've got some really great deals buying stuff after Christmas.

There are some things which will be a lot cheaper immediately after Christmas but whose prices will start creeping up after a few weeks or so because these things are bought all year round. Since I have to buy kids I know gifts each year, I always buy toys [after Christmas] at ridiculously low prices.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I do it every year but I don't have high expectations. I mostly just do it more casually and I just stroll around to see if I can find anything good, but most of the time the actual holiday sales are enough of a bargain for me and at that time at least the choices are much more robust instead of just being leftovers. I like to shop during after Christmas all through after New Years if I can just for seeing what leftover items I could get for very cheap.

7. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I feel like after Christmas sales are so much better than Black Friday sales. I will shop the after Christmas sales and then save up the items for next year or I save them for birthdays. I stock up on winter clothes that way too.

8. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I did this for the first time last year. I’m on the fence about repeating it because it was a bit harrowing navigating the crowds, but I did score a few pretty sweet deals. It kind of depends on whether I still have any items I need (rather than just want) at that time. I’ve realized that my lifestyle has done a near-complete 180 in the last year, but I’m lacking a few items that will let me live it fully. Been slowly adding those in and letting go of things that no longer suit me, so I’m not sure I can wait that long just for some deals when there seems to be a sale on one thing or another going on at all times.

9. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to LOVE January sales and would go around all my favourite stores trying to pick up bargains. That was until I realised that some of these stores bring out all their rubbish from 2-3 seasons back that they weren't able to shift LOL I won't mention names, though. I mean, this was stuff I wouldn't take if it were being offered for free! From that point on, I became very, very selective where I go. One of the stores that does fantastic January sales in the UK is Zara, LOVE it :)