Does anyone still read newspapers?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by doney96 • Sep 23, 2013.

1. doney96

doney96Banned

Threads:
    As much as l like being online reading all the news l still like to buy a newspsper from my local shop sometimes, when l get home l make a hot drink and l sit down with my newspaper. It usually takes me about 30 mins to read the whole thing, do any of you still enjoy newspapers?.

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nope. I buy a newspaper on Sunday, but I don't buy it to read the news. I buy it for the sales circulars and coupons. Honestly, if they just sold the coupons and the sales circulars without the newspaper, I wouldn't even bother to buy a newspaper. All the news is online. I understand that some people are keeping the ritual of reading the paper with morning coffee alive, I just don't do it.

3. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I usually get my news online now. I am usually sipping on my morning coffee and read local and national news online. The only printed paper that I get comes out every Thursday. It is a local paper with classified ads and events that are happening in our area. They also have writers for small articles that will write about everything from local politics to short fiction stories. It is the only paper like it around. They now have it online but I still enjoy reading the paper version of it much better.

4. indigo

indigoMember

Threads:
    I will read a newspaper if I am at a cafe/restaurant or if I get a complimentary copy of the newspaper at a hotel that I am staying at. I really enjoy holding the paper and reading it as opposed to staring into a screen to get my news. I'll read newspapers on an infrequent basis until they go extinct.

5. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I can't say that I buy actual papers anymore. Since I don't know when I'd really sit down to read, I can't have all of them stacking up in my home. Even now, I'll skim a site and save it for later and later rarely comes nowadays, but the article is there waiting.

6. fermlour

fermlourNew Member

Threads:
    I no longer buy newspapers for a long time, most newspapers are now online.
    I'm on the computer when the internet will always see the latest news. so I save money and time and am being ecologic.

7. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I personally read newspapers on my iPad or iPhone. I always have those updates everyday with new stories do it makes it easier for me to browse. I haven't bought an actual newspaper in years though but hopefully I'll get back into that later in my life if they are still around that is.

8. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I read the City A.M in London on my way to work every morning. It keeps me up-to-date with the business and financial world.

9. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer to read a physical newspaper. The paper often has human interest stories that I usually don't find online. I used to have a weekly subscription, but I cancelled it. Now, I enjoying reading the paper at my local Starbucks.

10. emmy2points

emmy2pointsActive Member

Threads:
    I read online newspapers more for convenience, and get most of my news from internet sources. I buy hard copies when I can because for me, there is still something different and special about holding a physical copy of a newspaper with ink on your fingertips and all. I still like listening to my paper make crinkle sounds when I turn the pages, and the smell of one that's freshly bought can't be reproduced by reading news through a monitor.

11. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    Me me me!! I love the newspaper. I get it delivered Thursday-Sunday. I read it front to back. I have a smartphone and a computer, but I prefer reading the paper. I like the comics, the coupons, the stuff that isn't online. And I like the format better than online.

12. mccanono

mccanonoMember

Threads:
    Although it is much more convenient to read the news online, still nothing beats reading the news on a newspaper. :) The experience is different. :) I can't explain it and I am not sure on what the difference would be but it just feels right to read news on newspapers rather than reading online.

13. rand paul

rand paulNew Member

Threads:
    I read the papers but only because im old fashioned.
    Is it just me or is it a lot more enjoyable than the laptop.

14. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I don't read newspaper anymore. I read and watch the news online. It's been a long time since I read a newspaper. You can find anything in the net. It's more convenient to use. Another reason is that the news in the net is faster, compare to papers.

15. Shana

ShanaMember

Threads:
    I never read the newspaper to begin with! I do however buy it on Sunday's for the coupons so I'll look at the comics, but that is all. The comics are all I used to look at as well. Everything I need news wise is online. Also, I tend to stay away from the news as much as possible. It's just so boring and depressing. Reminds me how crappy people can be sometimes and I don't really want to see all that.

16. whatupswags

whatupswagsMember

Threads:
    I was a newspaper fanatic in high school, even to the point of wanting to be a journalist and writing a column for the local paper. During college, I got burned out on it. I think that if I lived in a town where I really respected and agreed with the editorial staff that I would get into loving the newspaper again. Right now, I live in France, so I don't totally understand all the news anyway, and it's a nice break! Newspapers and books still hold that quality of existing in our own two hands that really is irreplaceable.

17. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't bought a newspaper in a long time. I usually read my moms newspaper because she has a subscription to get it everyday. I read it when she is done with it. There are people at work who buy newspapers and I will read it at work, but lately I haven't been reading the paper as much. There is so much negativity in the paper and I get tired of reading it. If I see an interesting article I will pick it up and read it, otherwise I will ask someone if there id anything good in the paper.

18. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    Yep. Still do. I just don't get the complete gist of a news when I read about it online. The newspaper reports always seem more detailed (although in some cases, the same reports appear online). I suppose it's a matter of perspective but I seem to lose touch with the world when I am not up to date with my newspaper reading.

19. dapperdileep

dapperdileepNew Member

Threads:
    Of course. I love the feeling of a physical paper in my hands. I'm starting at a computer screen day and night, so I just refuse look at an online newspaper, unless it is some sort of breaking news story. Plus, the crossword puzzle and sudoku are somethings that i've gotten used to doing in my coffee breaks at the office.

20. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I still do read newspapers even though I can simply read them online. However, I do spend more time reading news online because that's how I find the latest updates. I do see there are a lot of people migrate to the E-Newspapers or they can just go online and read the news.