Does anyone still read newspapers?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by doney96 • Sep 23, 2013.

1. Joepal

JoepalNew Member

Threads:
    I read only sports and magazine column of newspaper and leave rest of the boring part.

2. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I still love to read the NY Times. I love the commentary. I love the investigative journalism. I love the crosswords. I even love the ink smudging up my fingers when I am through perusing the paper. It is something I feel like the generation after my own will never understand. Some times I feel people of my generation do not understand. Everything goes the way of the dinosaur.

3. KC Evans

KC EvansMember

Threads:
    I use to purchase newspapers each morning when on my way to work. It gave me something to do while commuting for an hour and a half. I still buy them but it is not as often being that I now drive. I did enjoy them when I read them. It was informative and a source of entertainment for me. From the front page to the classifieds, down to the sports entertainment section. I read it all.

#23Nov 5, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  4. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    I never buy newspapers, never. I may check on sports newspapers online once or twice, but that's it. More "serious" news I don't even bother reading because there's not really much I can do about it so I avoid getting depressed about it. :(

5. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Every now and than I get a newspaper but not very often due to I usually get my news from tv or the internet so it isn't as often as it use to be.

6. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    I rarely read newspapers anymore. If I see one sitting around somewhere though, I will pick it up and read some of it. I get most of my news from the TV or computer nowadays.

7. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, not anymore. Although I'd hate to see newspapers disappear, I always fought to keep them together as I read and they were so big compared to me haha. They were just a huge inconvenience despite my love of the content. So I get all my news and event info etc from the newspaper's website instead.

8. Pickicool

PickicoolNew Member

Threads:
    Yes, I still read the newspaper.

In fact, I do an overview of the pages and read the articles that interest me.
    I think this is something important that all cities and neighborhoods must have.

It helps to know what's happening in your city. Television not tell you everything.
    The log can inform you about activities or events that might interest you.

Life in society requires a newspaper. x)
    I feel a bit old when I read it, but it does not matter ...

9. alfonso

alfonsoMember

Threads:
    I read the paper when I get the chance to, but I don't have a subscription and I haven't paid for a newspaper in a long time. I guess, like most people, I get my free dose of the news from the internet. Times have change, and since people with access to internet have access to perpetually updated front page news online, any time of the day, Its no surprise most people don't read the paper any more.

10. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    I don't actually read the newspaper anymore really but I will read the articles online lol. I guess that doesn't really count? But it is nice to have the option of reading it online now since I am mostly online anyway.

11. thomas pendrake

thomas pendrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Reading the papers feels so much more convincing. Of course, the quality of newspapers has gone down, but nowhere as bad a quality as most of the news on the internet.

12. Daria

DariaMember

Threads:
    What's a newspaper? Haha, just kidding. I still read the newspaper. However, I do not read newspapers made of paper. Instead, I enjoy reading digital copies of the newspaper. I have been considering getting an alternative news source because the online paper is now charging a subscription to read full articles. I think most news should be free. They make a lot of money off of advertisements on the website. I know how much money they make off those, they don't need to make us pay a subscription.

13. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    No, I don't. I don't always really keep up with the latest news, honestly. I really should though. I used to get newspapers just for the funnies section, but I have grown tired of those. The thought of sitting down with a nice big cup of hot coffee and a newspaper does sound appealing to some, even to myself. But sometimes reading or hearing the news is depressing, so I try to avoid it sometimes.