Does Anyone Use Cocoa Butter These Days?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by thelovelyone0 • Oct 14, 2013.

1. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    I have very sensitive skin so the only product that I trust is none other than the Cocoa Butter. I like Palmer's products. It feels as if I am the only one that uses Cocoa Butter these days because all I am hearing is the products from Bath and Body Works or Victoria Secret. Yes, their lotion smells great but it is not healthy for the skin. What do you guys use for your skin? Cocoa butter anyone?

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use to use Palmer's Cocoa Butter religiously. Then I moved to an area where the water was very hard. My skin runs on the dry side and the cocoa butter didn't really help. I started using Nivea. It was the only thing that helped. I eventually left that city, but I still use Nivea.

I still use pure cocoa butter to help lessen the appearance of scars.

3. nhsososo4

nhsososo4Member

Threads:
    Parker, I also use Palmers cocoa butter, I have just started using it 2 months back. The product smells divine, I love it and yes it helps so much with my stretch mark scars. What I do is, during the day I use it, then at night after my bath I apply bio oil. What I would like to know though, is can I use it for my face. I suffer from bad scars that I got from my acne that I have had for the past 12 years. I have tried everything on the market to a point where I do not even have a specific product that I use on my face anymore now. I am tired of buying separate acne products that are expensive and never work. Do you think, I can use the palmers cocoa butter as my day cream on my face as well.

4. KC Evans

KC EvansMember

Threads:
    I agree Cocoa Butter is healthy for the skin. Thats a product that my husband loves to use on his face.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have used cocoa butter on my face. I think it's one of the reasons why I have even skin tone. I don't have a probably with acne though. I'm lucky.

6. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use different oils and butters, but I won't buy foods from the beauty industry. It's a rip off and not pure. I haven't used cocoa butter in years, but I do love them all.

7. dreamseer

dreamseerMember

Threads:
    Our family uses cocoa butter every day. I love to use it on my children after their baths because it's more pure than other lotions. My son's pediatrician even told me not to use Johnson's baby lotion, because it has too many harsh chemicals.

Shea butter is another one that we use regularly, and it is excellent for your face. I put it on at night, because the pure stuff will leave your skin a little oily. But when you get up in the morning, it will be all absorbed and your skin will look younger.

8. himalipatel

himalipatelMember

Threads:
    Hey i use cocoa butter for my skin and i know the its skin benefits

9. 4justice

4justiceNew Member

Threads:
    I've been using Cocoa Butter nearly all my life. If you have scars that need to be faded or healed, Cocoa Butter is perfect for that. Plus it's not like most other lotions that can make your skin too moist thereby creating acne.

Not to mention Cocoa Butter is heavy in vitamin E.

10. Rzashida

RzashidaActive Member

Threads:
    I love coco butter, coconut butter and shea butter I always use them in the purest form. All of them keep my skin in it's best condition. I don't purchase lotions anymore because they are diluted with fluff.

11. PSLoveCharli

PSLoveCharliActive Member

Threads:
    I do not use cocoa butter because it was too thick and creamy for my sensitive skin, but elders in my family continue to use it after so many years. My grandmother uses it but it has to be a specific brand, not just any old cocoa butter. From what I know, cocoa butter helps even out skin tone/complexion and fades blemishes over time. I don't see why not to use it unless it's not too fitting for your type of skin.

12. margarito

margaritoMember

Threads:
    Count me in. My skin type is dry and I only opt for cocoa butter based creams as they remarkably helps out on a large scale. Cocoa butter is not only a completely natural hydrator, but also an inexpensive choice.

13. randee555

randee555Active Member

Threads:
    I grew up using cocoa butter because that was the only lotion in the house. Everyone in the house used to smell like cocoa butter so much that the smell started to make me sick. I haven't used it in years and hadn't really thought about it but I know of people who swear by it.

14. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    Coco Butter has been a family tradition for my family, my grandmother and my mother were firm believes that Coco butter clears your skin and makes your body smooth to the touch. My daughter uses it on her face and I can tell you it has helped her complexion.